Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check this out. I been wanting some skids for my Brute and had just about decide on getting Ricochet like every one else till i seen this on kawieriders last night. http://www.ironbaltic.ee/tootmine/index.php?lang=en There a European company. The price is $360 a full set plush shipping. Since there over seas shipping might be high but i don't know that for sure.There a guy on kawierider checking the shipping price right now to the USA.

Look at the floor board protection. Only problem i see is mud getting in them but they have drain slots so it may no be to bad to get out. what do yall think.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres a set of Ricochets to compare. They cost $395 plush shipping.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
They look good. I think the drain slots are good and bad.
Catch it on a good rock and those slots might tear into a big hole.
But they do let the mud get back out unlike the others. Likely not well though cause I have mud that cakes up on my floor boards.

·
Administrator
15,430 Posts
looks good. I imagine much like everything else in thick mud they will cake up but, the protection thats gonna offer on trails might be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i don't think mud is just gonna fall out either but when your washing the mud off it may help. I was looking on the site and it says they also offer skids with no slots.And shows a pic of a Brute with solid skids. But when you go to the brute skid page there not listed so I'm not sure if they have then or not. Heres a pic from there site with no slots.

Slots or no slots. It's the floor board protection that I'm digging.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
the floorboard protection is defintely a plus. I bet once it's on it maakes the whole bike more rigid and "sturdy"

·
Administrator
15,430 Posts
I think I'd rather have the slots, atleast they would drain some.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
man ive worked with sheet metal for years..
that stuff will slice you up!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys it looks like these skid are a no go. After checking on kawieriders it turns out the shipping is crazy high(almost doubles the price). So unless one of the American makers like Ricochet will start making them with the floor board protectors we'll just have to make do with what we got available now.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
well that's just full of SUCK!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Hay I will be making skids in a few weeks with grizzlyadams. Ill make templates for all of them for the 07 BF & a 08 grizzly.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
skids

Exact cost for shipping was 500 euros($528). That was for one set of skids. If 10 people purchase parts together the shipping would be 600 euros($792). Sucks..cause I really liked the front aluminum protection. Someone could make a killing if they came up with there own design for skids and front bumpers. I have a 650i and cant find a front diamond plate bumper. I like the one at HL but only fits 750.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Hay I will be making skids in a few weeks with grizzlyadams. Ill make templates for all of them for the 07 BF & a 08 grizzly.
make em up and get a package price together then be a site sponsor!

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Yeah i don't think mud is just gonna fall out either but when your washing the mud off it may help. I was looking on the site and it says they also offer skids with no slots.And shows a pic of a Brute with solid skids. But when you go to the brute skid page there not listed so I'm not sure if they have then or not. Heres a pic from there site with no slots.

Slots or no slots. It's the floor board protection that I'm digging.
We'll see if its cost worthy. How much do you guys think some thing like that should be $$?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
$$$$$$$

$11.24 :fing02:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Eleven Dollars and Twenty Four Cents?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
We'll see if its cost worthy. How much do you guys think some thing like that should be $$?

Just thought I would throw a starting number out there.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i can dig 11 bucks!
i think being a homemade item, with comparable quality of commercial offerings you should probably ask for %40 less than the competition.
Should take too long to make skids with a jig for holes drilled and sheet metal cut.
I guess the bends wouldnt be too difficult. That bash plate might be.
you should also think about offering things like A-Arm sets only.
I definitely need some a-arm guads. I ripped a boot shortly after i got the bike

What ya think? 40% less the commerial?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
that sounds about right hotwing. I'll 2nd that ;)
I want some A-Arm guards too!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts