Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
^^Agreed. Skinnies for the deep water riding!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I think its a matter of opinion. The skinnies seem to go to the bottom faster if you're in deep boggy mud. Does the creek have a sandy, muddy, or gravel bottom? Out here where I ride at I like my wides better than skinnies that I used to run. The skinnies would dig into the sandy bottom and I'd end up stuck in a water wheelie. Mostly when coming out of the water channels. Its a P.I.T.A. to have to lock into 4wd and let the front end down and get off and push! I never worry about it with the wides. NOW>>>in the same scenario...I noticed that riding in the buddy pit out at Mud Creek, the guys with skinnies on the rear moved quicker across the pit than I did....my bike just kept standing straight up, guess the skinnies cut the sludge better and kept moving forward. So like I said, depends on what kind of bottom. Also, keep in mind that the wides hold a larger volume of air, so the rear end is more likely to try and come up if you have wides. I dont worry about it due to my width and the rake on the rear arms that I get from the Catvos.

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
You live in central mississippi, I've actually ridden at all the parks around there (since 2000)... So I know where you ride and what it's like there. You want wides rear skinny's front. You don't want skinnys on the back in some of those nasty soft places that Rocks and CCC and T-Lane provide.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
I got just the set you need. 29.5 wide skinny on wide off set rims ready for a new home!

But like was said above go wide in the back you won't be disappointed

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok this mad Me think a guy told me he had problems with the 29.5 on the creeks cause rocks would get between caliper and rim and put holes in the rim

·
Registered
300 Posts
Creek=silt and sand. Wides in the rear do better because they don't dig as much as skinnies do.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Dont get the wrong idea about wide rears from what I said above....something to keep in mind is that I was running across the pit in 2wd and the other bikes were in 4wd.... that was probably part of the reason why they moved quicker. I say buy what YOU want, not what we want lol. I like the look of the wides on the rear, and I do think they pull quite a bit harder than the skinnies due to the extra amount of rubber.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Like filthy said above, get what You want... I personally have skinny silverbacks on my brute, and love how they pull... I have been to CCC and no problems... It's not just where/what you ride, but also your riding style... I personally am stuck on skinnies... I know people who swear by skinny/wide and people who use wides..

·
Rather b Dirty than Purty
388 Posts
Wides front and rear work for me in the worst mud situstions. If you're not into top end and don't mind wrestling with the steering, wides are awsome.

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
I want something that pulles like crazy in the mud and some what ok in the creek
Again, I say just stick with skinnies front and wides rear. I've ridden all over central and west central ms and I know whats there... :rockn:

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
With clutching yeah you will. And yeah I'd just leave them on those rims I woudlnt worry with getting thiner ones, unless it just looks stupid. Besides, Why get 31 skinnys for the rear though? Who wants a 9" tire in the rear except racers? Just get 31x11 for the rear and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Idk I wanna do pits every now and then and I talked to a lot of people this past weekend at the races and they said they like the wides but want skinnies on the back cause they brake to much

1 - 20 of 49 Posts