Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Thumbs are what break stuff. Get what makes ya happy Im just saying... I know the places you ride, and skinnys out back arnt gonna be real good for places like Timberlane and Rocks and CCC.. But, maybe you'll like them.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
And the other thing is the wait but wides look good but ill probably end up with wides but the waits the only thing but if its cluched right it should be fine and go threw what I need you think my set up is good for them?

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Weight...... Actually... And yeah you'll be ok. Might want to go up one more on primary spring.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
u should be perfect with the maroon and red for the 31's but def go wide in rear trust me rack high has my old tires and i have had ag vtreads also and now went back with skinny wide once again......all skinny dig bad and all wide are harder to steer....skinny wide work great cuz the skinnies pull ya through the hole and the fattys help push....

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok so iv made up my mind skinnes up front and wide in the rear and i got the money to get 29.5 laws and rims or I could get 31s I'm leaning to the 29.5 and keep my itps for the creek and trails so what do you guys think

·
Registered
53 Posts
Skinny in the front Wide in the back. Always the best solution the only time i need a winch is when its up to the racks. but thats just me. Also wides look so much better in my opinion.
Bauman

·
Registered
137 Posts
When thinking of what tires I wanted between the backs and the Outlaw 2. A hard decision was made and I bought the 30" silverbacks. Then it was skinny, wides, skinny/wide combo. I live in Florida and do mostly swamp and mud riding I decided to go with all 30x11x14 wides, all the way around. I was concerned about the steering. But, by mistake the place I purchased them from instead of using the same 8x14 rim as rear they used the 6x14, which actually made the front tire not as wide. Its not as hard to steer as I thought it would be and with a 2" lift no rubbing at all. Night and day compared to the mudzillas. Just wanted to share some info. I will be getting the outlaw 2's next, possibly for the wifes KQ.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
i got 29.5 skinnys all around , and buddy has identical machine with wide rear skinny front and he goes through way easier then myself ...

i never realized how much of a difference it would make and i was amazed how diferent the wides were ...

good luck ... trial and error i suppose ...

·
Registered
356 Posts
I ran skinny 30" mud lites and later traded the rears for wides and loved it, was amazed the difference it made!

I'd rather be riding instead I'm using tapatalk!

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Yeah wider tires grab the sides of the ruts a lot easier & push you along. I ran 29.5x12's on all 4 and use to just walk through stuff like it was nothing. While others w/ skinnies had to work it.

But saying that, I'll add that there are conditions were skinny is better.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
IMO, the only time skinnies will out perform a wide is in "pit race" type situations with a lot of water and a moderate layer of silt on the bottom. You need the tires to drop quick, grab the hard bottom underneath and start pushing.

Outside of that, wides win. You don't want to go looking for bottom in a mud pit, or you're not going to go very far.

·
Registered
29 Posts
28x10s or 27x11s

Alrighty fellas im set on zillas, just torn with the skinny wide show down. I want 28's. Just wondering, 10's or 12's for the rear. Biggest concern is i dont want the rear to float to hard. I want the rear to stay in contact with the bottom. My other thought is 27x11s all the way around. I know polaris425 runs them and loves them. Anyone done the 28x10s all the way around and have opinion on them? Oh yeah, 12" IRS ITP type 4 wheels.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I run 27x11x14 which are bout an inch taller than my buddies 28 inch outlaws but they are pretty good in the mud and i still have top end even though it feels extremely sketchy...It turns ok but i find myself wishing i had power steering after a long day of riding

·
Registered
399 Posts
28-9-14 all the way round mine. They were on the machine when I bought it, personally they don't fit my riding style or taste. They dig like crazy and my back doesn't float at all. Heck the front doesn't even float much.

100 things to do and wasting time on tapatalk!!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ok I have 12.50 rears and 10.50 fronts. I guess that means I have all wides lol?

Sent from the mans IPhone.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I had 29 s/w combo...did GREAT! Then went to skinny 29's...did GREAT. I liked the all skinny way better in water, they do grab bottom a lot better in the water, they don't make you wheelie as much. In the mud it's apples to apples...same thing IMO.

Now for 31's I run s/w combo and it does great!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Mine just wants to float too much in the back. Only complaint I'd have with it.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok Ive read this whole thread and I need advice to push me into it im looking at backs but should I get 28 10 front and 12 rear or would 30 10 all around be better for almost the same price?? and with a 2 inch rdc lift would I have any ru issues with the 30's on a 2010 brute? any ideas would be great guys thanks! most of my holes have bottoms but I do ride swamps some too

21 - 40 of 49 Posts