Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thinking:OK I am about to snorkel my 650 and I have a question. I am probably going to use 2 1/2 or 3" pipe. I know most have snorkeled 750's and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for jets for my 650? Thanks

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
with that size pipe you might not have to.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, I thought because most had to jet down when they used smaller, I would use bigger and hope not to need to. Thanks

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
good thing about that is that if you for some reason end up getting too much air its easily fixed by putting a reducer in the end ;)

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now should I silicone the air box to the carbs for a good seal? and what about the carb vents, How should I seal them?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I have a 650 as well I just ran my carb vent lines and all other vent lines up along the side of the snorkels.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Now should I silicone the air box to the carbs for a good seal? and what about the carb vents, How should I seal them?
I dunno, I wouldnt. If you did, I would only do a very very thin layer. and as mentioned, just run the carb vents up under the pod w/ the rest of them. dont forget your gas tank vent too, and radiator overflow bottle.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I will get all of them. The reason I mentioned the carb to air box is because the last time I pulled the air box one of the seals was bent and didn't look to make a good seal.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
you might want to then, put a thin layer on there...

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
probably will, Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drill and tap holes in the snorkel pipe down by the engine with hose barbs to keep the vents dry an dyou dont have to run all those vents up looks really clean that way

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
You need to run your gas tank vent line up, Carb vents and overflow bottl lines up. Run them up under your pod. silicone your air box lid shut and put di-electric grease on your plugs and electrical connections.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Drill and tap holes in the snorkel pipe down by the engine with hose barbs to keep the vents dry an dyou dont have to run all those vents up looks really clean that way
What you do mean? I just have never heard this before and wondering what you mean. Won't your vent lines fill with water if you keep them down low?

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
from what I gathered he is saying that the snorkle pipe will act as the vent line. vent lines will be tapped into the snorkle pipe and siliconed...that's my guess. Sounds like a clean install, but IMO, so is running the small black vent line up under the plastics/pod....

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
from what I gathered he is saying that the snorkle pipe will act as the vent line. vent lines will be tapped into the snorkle pipe and siliconed...that's my guess. Sounds like a clean install, but IMO, so is running the small black vent line up under the plastics/pod....
Oh ok....Gotcha....I like the pod idea better. I'm not going to make any holes in mine...afraid they may leak over time and you can't sent the vent lines run up under the pod anyway.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
^^ That's pretty much my thought on it also.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow I was planning on buying the PVC and snorkeling my 750 this weekend but I didnt see anything in the how-to section about carb vents, and gas tank vents, or overflow bottle lines. Is all this necessary? If so is there a how to for all of that stuff as well, because I wouldnt even know where to begin with all of that stuff. And as far as the snorkel is concerened what size of pipe should be used? Id like to not have to have it re-jetted as I know nothing ab out that either, will larger pipping fit or were you just planning on running the 2 1/2 or 3" for the airbox only? Can anyone take a minute to dumb it down for me so I can do it right the first time without screwing anything up, I really dont wanna get in over my head and have a wheeler that either doesnt run for crap or sucks water. Thanks in advance just incase someone can help me clear all these issues up.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Yes the vent lines have to be run and its very easy , 2 1/2 '' pipe can be used on intake ,2'' on CVT snorkels, I used 2'' on my air intake and havent rejetted yet and it runs fine

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ok then can anyone explain where these lines are and where to route them and what materials Ill need? Im sure I can find the radiator overflow line but im guessing the fuel tank and carb vents might be a little tougher to identify and decide what Ill need and where the best place is to put them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts