Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to srorkle my 08 bf efi . For looks i would like to go with a 2 inch pipe for my air box. Will i get enough air with a 2 inch pipe or should i go with a 3 inch pipe for my air box only. I do not want to hurt my performance so what should i do. I know some bikes have to rejet carborators, but being fuel injected do i have to add anything else. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
127 Posts
no with an 08 FI you will be fine. I used 2" on mine and it works great. I know alot more people running 2" than I do running 3" but its up to you...Good Luck

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
you use the same 2" pvc pipe on the airbox that you do on the other two snorkels. the 3" part you are seeing is just the 3" rubber 90* that comes out of the airbox and points down under the steering brace

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
you use the same 2" pvc pipe on the airbox that you do on the other two snorkels. the 3" part you are seeing is just the 3" rubber 90* that comes out of the airbox and points down under the steering brace
:agreed:... If you use a 3" rubber 90* and then 2" PVC like in the pictures, and you keep your stock exhaust, there's a %98 chance you wont have to adjust anything. If you go for an aftermarket exhaust, you will need to get a programmer along with it.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yep, 2" PVC with 3" rubber 90 is how i run my 08 750 EFI with stock exhaust and it works great.;)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
:agreed:... If you use a 3" rubber 90* and then 2" PVC like in the pictures, and you keep your stock exhaust, there's a %98 chance you wont have to adjust anything. If you go for an aftermarket exhaust, you will need to get a programmer along with it.

What if you are keeping the stock exhaust but doing the mod on the "how to" section....adjust or no?

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I dont THINK you would, but it is a possiblity. I would still suggest using the 3" rubber 90. some of these other guys who have done the exhaust mod, Im not sure if any of them have an EFI or not, maybe one of them does and they will chime in.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
u only need to run the radiator overflow bottle vent.
everything else is done. people will argue over the gas tank vent

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
yes, but most of them are already run up to the pod, I think the gas tank vent and the radiator over flow bottle vent are the only 2 not run up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What if you are keeping the stock exhaust but doing the mod on the "how to" section....adjust or no?

I did the snorkel mod to my 08 BF. kept the stock exhaust for now, no adjusting was needed. can't decide on what exhaust to get."power commander" will be needed after new exhaust is added..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts