Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Administrator
15,388 Posts
so why the hell do none of us have this? and why didnt we think of it first!?!?!??!?!?! haha... :nutkick:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
people have put outerwears on their snorkels before.
im with metal man. if there's a suction on that pipe, it's coming through.

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
You know even if you were to sink your bike maybe it would help stop the sand and grit from getting in to where you only have water. may save your motor in the long run also.

·
Administrator
15,388 Posts
people have put outerwears on their snorkels before.
im with metal man. if there's a suction on that pipe, it's coming through.
good theory...

·
Parkin Lot Pimpin
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You know even if you were to sink your bike maybe it would help stop the sand and grit from getting in to where you only have water. may save your motor in the long run also.
Thats what I was thinking, they will definately let some water in but if it can stop some or most of the water and also filter it before it gets to your airbox then it would deffinately be worth the 10 bucks. I wish I had a fixer upper bike, I would slap those babies on and go sink it just to see how well they worked.

·
Banned
244 Posts
yhey would deffently stop sand and some particals for sure that in it self might be worth it and for sure stop wasp from getting in their while it is parked nothing like a wasp nest in ur snorks lol

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
they look like they might help some, for $10 its not bad

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Someone needs to let us know how these work. This would have saved my arse a few weeks ago! (if they work)

·
Registered
342 Posts
you figure with these and if you are running the prefilter around your K&N you are doubling the effect of keeping out dust and junk from your motor.. I'm gonna run some when lilbigtonka gets off his lazy butt and orders them. :nutkick:

·
MIMB Resident Mud Chick
1,129 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, they will definately let some water in but if it can stop some or most of the water and also filter it before it gets to your airbox then it would deffinately be worth the 10 bucks. I wish I had a fixer upper bike, I would slap those babies on and go sink it just to see how well they worked.
Didn't lilbigtonka just get one...fixer upper that is

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
yea but mine wont be running for awhile hahaha it is getting a total restore frame and everything powdercoated motor gone through exhaust new bearings/seals, plastics redone, new handle bars, seat, alot alot more so mine wouldnt get tested til a year from now or so hahaha but i just ordered mine and should have them before this weekend, and if you do order them ask for eric and tell them brandon browning sent ya cuz i told him about us and the site

·
Registered
101 Posts
That video was great, but it would be interesting to see how well the water stays out when you have a suction on the end pulling the water instead of just gravity.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I bet they use that same stuff as Mr. Funnel

·
Registered
342 Posts
It is the same material as the air filter "Outerwears" (might even be outerwears cut up to make these)..... Mr funnel might be different but very close I'm sure.

·
Parkin Lot Pimpin
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I called and talk to them, they told me that it is like outerwears but they put a water repelant on the material to keep the water out.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
did u order yours then jack

·
Parkin Lot Pimpin
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
o i hear ya there exhaust and the pc3 killed me too for a lil bit

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
same here i did exhaust and pc III plus snorkels all at the same time, it was a little hard trying to hide the missing funds to the old lady lol

21 - 40 of 68 Posts