Mud in My Blood Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
So did anyone come to the conclusion if these are worth the money or not? and if they restrict airflow-- (biggy because i have a carbed brute)??????

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have a carbed polaris and put one on my airbox snork... Cut it off right away... But i realized my filter was super dirty so i bought a new one and put it back on ....as far as workin i say yes, i flipped my wheeler in a river and rolled it back over as soon as it went under and there was little water in my airbox and none in my oil ...and a lil more in my belt housing, so for me, i like them!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I snorkeled my brute and put these on at the same time, so I only re-jetted the one time. I don't have any issues.

Also, I have a K&N filter and the snorkel savers do an amazing job as a pre-filter. My K&N is spotless. I do a pretty good deal of riding in sandy conditions.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what do you mean by cut it off? (started cutting out or ran the same)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I put these on my 08 brute and it ran like crap def slows air flow.....blow you hand then try to blow through one of them night a day difference, just keep bike upright and you will be ok.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I made some for mine when I snorkeled my grizzly and they just end up getting really dirty and not flowing so good, they didn't last long.

·
Registered
779 Posts
you do have to clean them out after every ride (or atleast i've come to that conclusion) ....if you ride alot of dust/mud, it will cake up ....but as far as saving when flipping, i say it "helped" mine.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

what do you mean by cut it off? (started cutting out or ran the same)
restricted my airflow. My airfilter was already dirty so putting on the filtered tip cut my air supply off a little more and made my wheeler run crappy. Bought a new filter, replaced old one and runs fine now!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Put them on my 06 brute that was already tuned and jetted and I fouled both spark plugs within 20 minutes of riding, maybe if u put them on then mess with the jets and tune u may be alright

61 - 68 of 68 Posts