Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering how you guys are running your snorkels in the rain? I was thinking about a 90 turned down. I am concerned about this thing sucking water. Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I've always wondered the same thing, but I think that as long as you dont have it facing forward, it should be ok w/ just (1) 90's up there

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
just finished riding in a bad rain storm. I was really surprised i had absolutely no water in my airbox at all

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Yep same hear no problom at all with one 90* in the rain.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
When I flipped mine a week and a half ago, it snapped all 4 snorkles off at the rack. We were in a bad storm, it was absolutely pouring. I did not have the bike tuned yet for the 4th snorkle so I had to ride back with my hand covering it but the other 3 were exposed. I had very little water in the airbox, maybe a half of shot. This was about a 10 to 15 min ride back but I guess I did have my radiator helping to block the rain as long as I was moving good.

BTW, I like to run 180's on the top of mine but thats more for the mud slinging action. But yall do have me thinking again about how much I'm slowing my airflow by running 180's instead of 90's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
what can i use to cover my snorks in storage and when i got it on the trailer for traveling

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I have two 90s on each snorkel. So the tops of my snorkels make a 180. Here is a picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
outlaw_brute08 you shouldnt have to worry about it to much because the tops of yours are also 180. All i would do for hauling on the trailer is buy a pvc plug like BigP posted in his thread and put it inside the airbox snorkel... Or if you wanna be a real redneck just throw some duct tape over the end of it while hauling it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Painted back of mine orange so i dont try to start it when there in

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
my snorkels are black and my plugs are white.. i've started it countless times with them in there on accident. they're a ***** to get out once the suction takes over!

·
Registered
28 Posts
outlaw_brute08 you shouldnt have to worry about it to much because the tops of yours are also 180. All i would do for hauling on the trailer is buy a pvc plug like BigP posted in his thread and put it inside the airbox snorkel... Or if you wanna be a real redneck just throw some duct tape over the end of it while hauling it.
Thanks zack i'm thinkin the duct tape is soundin pretty dern good lol j/k. i'ma run by home depot and get some of those plugs just to keep overspray out and everything

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
I use plugs when washing as well. Just piece of mind I guess... And I too have tried to start mine with the plugs in countless times!! LOL

·
Registered
210 Posts
i use plugs too.. And if rain is in the forcast I have 3 180 deg elbows with me to pop on.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I run just 1 90 on top of each snorkel never got any water in my box regarless of weather conditions . I use tennis balls for hauling and washing

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i use plugs too.. And if rain is in the forcast I have 3 180 deg elbows with me to pop on.
i carry 90's with me in my 4runner at all times.
this way i can throw them on when it starts to rain.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I have two 90s on each snorkel. So the tops of my snorkels make a 180. Here is a picture.
I love the color of your Brute....Its NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockn::rockn::rockn:

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
I have a single 90 on all of mine and at red creek we were in a big rain and had to make it like 3/4 of mile back to the camper in the hard rain and hail and i did not find any water in my air box.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I have a 2" 180 Return on my Airbox and 1 1/2" 180 Returns on my CVT's...

007.jpg

008.jpg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts