Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added a 2 " lift on my brute along with some 29.5x12x12(4) Outlaws on my ss112's. I have the 08 springs turned up all the way and the 2" lift installed, but i am hitting on the floorboards and the sides of the front bash plate. I thought about adding some 1" spacers so they will clear the skid plate, but then i would really be into the floorboards. How much do they really mold in? I think if i molded the fronts of the floorboards and cut the sides off of the front bash plate, everything would work perfect for now. But that is a brand new skid plate too. Would 1" spacers work or will i have to cut the sides off? I am in the process of moving houses but hopefully i get some time to mold the floorboards tomarrow and see how much i can move them in.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
You can gain an in or so heating the floorboards. My 31's ripped my bash plate right off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what did you end up doing to clear the skid plate? I hopefully will have some time to work on it tonight, but I have a bunch of ceilings to finish before tommarrow now.. I hate moving!

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
you need spacers, or should have bought SRA rims... I had my 29x12's on SRA rims & they didnt rub the bashplate, or the outside of the fenders, just the inside of the floorboard when I was in full turn. which can be remidied:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So should i get 1" or 1.5" spacers? If i order some, then i am going to order a full set of 4 so that the back ones have some too. Thanks guys. I took the lift off earlier and put the 07 springs back on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys. I realized that i am also rubbing on the 2" lift when fully turned either way. I took it off but now i have no gc. Should i order some 1" or 1.5" spacers on order to clear the skids/shocks. I heated the floorboards with a blow dryer and they got really hot, but they didnt mold much. I guess i will ahve to pick up a heat gun? How hot does it have to get in order to mold? I had it extremely hot, burnt my hand almost btu it wouldnt mold any. Thanks.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
you have to press the basket ball into it, then put a cold wet rag on the back to make it cool into that shape.

You should be able to fit those tires w/ the lift, and spacers... I had no issues w/ my 2" lift, and SRA rims w/ 29x12's

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I was only using a blow dryer so maybe it didnt get hot enough. How hot should you allow it to get? Melty? Tacky? Etc.... I am thinking about ordering just some 1" spacers and then later on maybe I will add the sra wheels, but i would rather keep the stress to a minimal amount. 29.5's is enough stress. Thanks man.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
yeah I would not do both, just either or. I dont like spacers at all... which is why I went w/ SRA rims when I ordered.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I am running 29.5x12x12 in the front on IRS offset and they only rub on one side :)dunno:) on the floorboards.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah mine seem to rub on the passenger side the most. If I really flex to the driver side and then turn they will rub a bit. On your 2" lift, the tire lug doesnt hit the shock? Jack the bike up and turn the wheels to one side, then spin the tire, then turn the wheels to the other side and spin the tires. Mine would hit the bottom of the shock for some reason. I am debating on ordering some 1.5" spacers. I was outside looking at it and I think it will bump me out to the outer part of the fender where it has more room. Then it would clear i think. Sound about right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts