Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Someone with a pelican 1040 or so help me out...

4K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  harmonsbrute 
#1 ·
just wondering what the biggest case is that will fit inside the "dry" box on the 08+. I don't trust the dry box at all and I just want something to put my phone/wallet/keys in, I just need to know the biggest box that will fit and still close.

I was thinking the 1020 is probably the biggest...which sucks...but if a 1040 would fit please let me know...

BTW, I just did the PCIII pelican box mod...it works good! I just cut a little corner out of the top cover of the pelican and the wires fit nice and snug, going to use some black rtv silicon and run a bead all on the inside and around the wires...just for protection. I like to overdo it.

#3 ·
i know you can fit about 4 1010's in the dry box if that helps.

#4 ·
Yea i might get 2 more 1010's, one for wallet and one for phone...will the 1020 fit? I could get a 1020 and a 1010 and be set...

#7 ·
I keep my camera in a 1010 in the pocket on the right side of the Brute so I can get to it quickly and snap some pics on the trails.

Not sure on how many will fit in there or biggest...

#9 ·
Green stuff strikes again!

#10 ·
ttt, still wondering! I just want to be able to ensure my keys/wallet are dry. Might get another 1010 for the camera and throw it in there as well...

I know someone has a few laying around, anyone let me know what fits?

#13 ·
bigp has the answer. He just needs the motivation

#16 ·
1020 fits perfect. Not too tight and still enough room for some stuff on top...

#17 ·
awsome! thanks BigP!!

#19 ·
I take that back, you CAN fit 2 1020s, I just put my sunglasses in there too so I don't like it to snug

#20 ·
What exactly are these things yawl are talking about.....the things BigP helped out with...LOL???

#21 ·
pelican waterproof boxes

#23 ·
Thanks. Are yawl putting your PCIII in these or are they ok exposed? Where do you get them? Thanks

#24 ·
I put my PC III in a 1010. Had to trim a little bit for the wires to go through, but works great. And fits right on top of CDI under seat.

#26 ·
agreed. I didnt want to risk $300 electronics being ruined from running underwater.

#27 ·
The way I did my PCIII didn't get a drop in. I just notched the case a little for the wires and used a little black RTV to make sure it was water tight. I got her under the airbox this weekend and not a drop!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.