Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O'rielly has the four lug GM spanner sockets in stock for $20,
just grind each lug to make them a slight bit more narrow and bump the grinder between each lug so they go in deeper. Wam Bam Thank You Mam!

·
Registered
87 Posts
LOL, but the Can-am one is only like $40 I think. I made one the same way you did, and it broke the ears off first thing. I spent like 30min grinding on it and broke in in less than a min with all the locktite they use from the factory. Needless to say it was a little aggrivating. What is the part number or make and model it is used for, wouldn't mind trying to make another one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the can-am one at my dealer is 49 + 20 for brp fee + 50 for overnight shipping(i needed it asap) so that wasnt a good route for me.

i'm not sure of the part # but it was the only big, 4 lug spanner socket they had in stock on the rack at o'reillys. It LITERALLY took me 5 minutes of hand grinding, and i'm sure it wont break...

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
if it breaks take it back lol

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
what does this tool do?

·
Administrator
15,563 Posts
and why would you need to remove that?

·
Administrator
15,563 Posts
Ah... gotcha. Better get some pics when you're done. :rockn:

·
Registered
87 Posts
What did you decide on the clutching?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
performance tool w83010 1/2'' Dr. 4 lug Spindle nut wrench.... fits: 1982-1990 3/4 and 1 ton GM heavy duty truck; 1985-current 1/2 ton Ford f-series and full size bronco with DANA 28 fr axle;1985-1/2 to current Ford f-250HD; 1985-1/2 to current Ford f-350 4x4; DANA 50 IFS and model 60 monbeam other adjusting nut.

·
Administrator
15,563 Posts
I have one of those in my tool box. I had a 93 F150 4x4 back in the day... I just remembered.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.