Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I love my Brute. Its been a good bike and I havent had really any issues with it. BUT I've had it a few years and I'm thinking I'd like to try something different. I want EPS and wouldnt mind a more comfortable ride. I'm not really a Can Am fan and I dont want less power or ground clearance so that leaves Polaris. I have never ridden one, just sat on it. I know they are faster than the Brute, but how do they compare in clutching and torque? Does the exhaust set your leg on fire? How about working on them?

I know Polaris's issues since I do have a RZR...Their axles and bearings suck. Other than that, how are their ATVs?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ive got a 2013 850xp and to me its no where near a brute in low end power have great top end though. Hardest bike ive ever snorkled. Rides like a caddy. Gone spend 1k plus on a lift to fender any thing 30s and above. Powersteering is nice.
If i was to do it agian id buy a new brute hands down without a second thought. Weakest axles on the market.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input! Believe me, I know Polaris axles and bearings suck. I have read that the new 850s are hard to snorkel. I'd definitely miss the torque but I like their 4x4 system better than Kawie's and a smooth ride would be nice. It would also be nice to not have exhaust burning my leg in the summer. I wish Outkast would make lifts for Brutes.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The popo does have so good qualities about it. The 4wd is awsome and so is the ride. They are alot bigger body wise and stable in deep stuff. But its just not a brute. Lol

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 850 does get pretty warm on your right leg but not near as bad as the brutes.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I like my 850 I did the triangle stealth snorkel on my 850 and it wasn't too bad. As far as power from 10-15mph on my 850 will kill a brute I've owned 3 850's and 5 Brute 750's theres just no comparison on ride quality the 850 is 10x better. They won't wheelie like a brute not from like of power their just so dang heavy. I've got the Orange Madness LE with EPS and I will say Polaris plastics aren't the quality of the Brutes seams don't match up tight and just don't seem to have the quality of paint that the Brutes do. They're both good bikes but they both have their place.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got a 550 and it's done me good! Worse thing happened is my belt tore up, and I clear 29.5's no lift.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I can clear 30's on mine as well.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Well i know it deff wnt clear 31s

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If you turn your shocks up it will. I tried to find some pics of mine but I changed phones and lost all of mine.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Here's my old 2011 on 29.5 law 2's cleared fine no lift

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No it will not. The 31s will rub the rear floorboards real bad.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
151 Posts
have been wanting to know the same question for a while now. It really seems that a lot of people are going to popo and the kawies are falling fast. I have a 05 and it has been a decent bike but not what I expected. my wife has a 07 700 efi and the only thing I can say Is I find myself riding it more and more (while mine is getting fixed) and on a second note EVERYTHING is so much cheaper to fix. so please lets have some more input here thanks guys

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ill say this if i was to do it over id bought a 2013 brute and never thought about a polaris.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Naw I doubt 31's would clear I said that they would clear a 30

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I've had 2 2012 850's and not had one problem. Outer control bushings seem not to last long but hell it might take 5mins to replace each side and about $10. I like the Brutes but I never see myself buying another unless it's to resale they're ride quality just plain sucks compared to almost all of the other Big Bore bikes out they're and they just ain't keeping up with the competition. They really need to come out with something bigger and more horsepower than the brute it's pitiful when you can buy a bone stock Can Am or Po Po and have more HP that most built 840 Brutes.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I guarantee ya no popo atv will keep up with a 840 brute and I agree with the competition, they need to step their game up but when I never cruise over 30-40 and have all the bottom end I can ever need then my brute will work for me, but I ain't a racer anyways I just like to turn tires in the nasty but with all that said if I bought a new bike right now it would be a POPO

·
Registered
482 Posts
You can buy the Polaris 1000 cheaper. A dealer near me has 2012 left over for 6998 plus tax

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Didn't think there was a 1000!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts