Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
my dad is a big Polaris guy, and he always points out the problems with my brute...lack of grease nipples, design of parts, how often the **** thing breaks down.. i'm honestly going to be happy to get away from my brute. It sure is fun with how much low end Torque it has, but that's about all I like. lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Brute is much more sporty than the xp. Much lighter and more low end power, but the xp will walk away from it mid range and up. I wanted more sport, so I got a brute last year. I had a 12 Polaris for a few months...it did me good, but the thing is big and heavy. Put elkas on the brute and now it is almost as comfy as Polaris and far more sporty handling on fast trails.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
No just putting facts out I am not brand biased by no means I like them all but they all have their place also....one I will prolly never own again tho is a cat my old one put a bad taste in my mouth....I have a love hate relationship with Polaris for different reasons same with Kawasaki but Hondas I ain't got nothing but love for lol

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yeap a popo wnt even dream of hanging with a 840 brute and wnt hang with a std bore h/c brute either. To me only 2 advantages a popo has is good ride and true 4wheel drive. Brutes way easier to maintain and mod plus performamce parts are through the roof on popos.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just bought a 2013 550 xp w/power steering.....and I love it! I rebuilt the front diff this winter and even though it works...better....it's still not as good as the Polaris's. I love my brute, but my next big bore will probably be a Polaris.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yeap a popo wnt even dream of hanging with a 840 brute and wnt hang with a std bore h/c brute either. To me only 2 advantages a popo has is good ride and true 4wheel drive. Brutes way easier to maintain and mod plus performamce parts are through the roof on popos.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW
I've raced 2 840 Brutes and they couldn't hang on top end now these were Flint 840's though. As far as the HC 750's from 20mph on passed them and kept on going. I like the Brutes I've owned a truck load lol but just too much stuff goes wrong. My next bike will be an Outty 1000.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've raced 2 840 Brutes and they couldn't hang on top end now these were Flint 840's though. As far as the HC 750's from 20mph on passed them and kept on going. I like the Brutes I've owned a truck load lol but just too much stuff goes wrong. My next bike will be an Outty 1000.
Then ur 850 must be special or something is bad wrong with mine. Im not a fan of top end anyway dosent do u any good in the mud. 850s might have power but not a lick of raw torque like a brute.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
482 Posts
The way I ride I love my Brute but I've never road a 850

·
7,498 Posts
A guy I ride with...actualy there are two of them that own 850 XPs. Never raced either but I can say they have no trouble keeping up with me and...I have to push mine a little to keep up with them..Great machines in my book.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Then ur 850 must be special or something is bad wrong with mine. Im not a fan of top end anyway dosent do u any good in the mud. 850s might have power but not a lick of raw torque like a brute.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW
I don't get it either because I road a an 840 and the 850popo and I just cant even imagine the 850 hanging with the 840. That 840 was sick and when I road that 850 I was not impressed at all with the power maybe on the top...... end it would get it. Like for Dale at DSC to chime in on this he knows his ground times.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Bottom end a Brute has it but on top end the Po Po will out run it. My 2012 will run 82 on the 26's and it's pretty well bone stock other than a K&N it don't even have a programmer. I've owned quite a few 750's and I've never had one run over 72mph on the GPS. If you really do some work to the 850's clutching they got the low end. The 840's I've owned and rode were Flint motors that's all I'll say about that sure not a DSC or Big Kevs motor. But you take a Bone Stock 750 and a Bone Stock 850 there's no comparison and I'm not a big Po Po fan now jump on a new Scrambler and you'll laugh at the Brute.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Bottom end a Brute has it but on top end the Po Po will out run it. My 2012 will run 82 on the 26's and it's pretty well bone stock other than a K&N it don't even have a programmer. I've owned quite a few 750's and I've never had one run over 72mph on the GPS. If you really do some work to the 850's clutching they got the low end. The 840's I've owned and rode were Flint motors that's all I'll say about that sure not a DSC or Big Kevs motor. But you take a Bone Stock 750 and a Bone Stock 850 there's no comparison and I'm not a big Po Po fan now jump on a new Scrambler and you'll laugh at the Brute.
All my 2013 will do is 70 on stock tires. I rode a new scrambler the day i bought mine wasnt really impressed that much..it was fast but not 13k fast. Plus my 850 has a mind of its own. It engages the front diff whenever it feels like it and has almost caused me a broke arm due to it. The paint is already peeling off and ive broke all but 1 stock axle. Im waiting on the front diff to explode any minute.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
138 Posts
My stock 850 did 80 and it stayed with an 880 brute. The 880 had me off the line but around 30mph I started gaining on him.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Guess mine was built on friday then. Mine is screaming to get 70-71.

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Plus im not looking for speed. I want raw torque and power to spin the tires in sure enough nasty stuff and its not there on the 850. Guess coming from a built brute and building and riding big brute motors i was just expecting way to much. On the good side it rides like a caddy

FATBOYZ CUSTOMZ CREW

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Logan has his clutched he could tell you more on the difference you get by clutching the 850's I know he was turning 31's with ease

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gotta try to keep it apples to apples guys. I just recently sold my 09 Brute 750 and test rode the 13 Brute and 13 850XP both with EPS. I bought the 2013 850xp with EPS. I think I may like the EPS on the 13 Brute a little better but overall I like the 2+ inches of extra suspension, factory storage, factory winch, 26" tires on 14" wheels, and narrow seat width that I recieved for only $43.18 more than the Brute. The Brute feels a lot sportier in the 0-10mph range (15mph it becomes about even) where I really like my power but I can compromise the small margin in giggle factor for everything else. Stock vs Stock the only checkmark I can give Brute a win in is wheelie riding.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Oops. Guess its time to change my signature to reflect PoPo ownership huh?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree with tonka i didnt buy a big bore atv an put 29 outlaw 2s on it to be a speed machine i bought it to turn the s**t outta the tires in the gumbo where it matters most not the blacktop thats why i keep buyin brutes i love there clutching and low end torque my buddy has a can am renegade an seems to always want to ride mine because of the pick up down low..

21 - 40 of 58 Posts