Registered
1,920 Posts
It's all in what u want....

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Brute all the way, popo axles and drive train suck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Put some real tires on a Brute and you'll see just How weak brute axles are been there done that.

·
Registered
482 Posts
As far as top end I seen a 850 tearing up the drag strip at busco beach last night.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Put some real tires on a Brute and you'll see just How weak brute axles are been there done that.
Man I got 30 backs on it and Im not rough on it, it does what I need it to plus more. I got the tires I just have throttle control

much rather be muddin than on here

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have owned both a stock 09 750 brute and a 09 850 and the brute has held up way better! The polaris has trouble spinning the same backs the brute spins with ease. Ride and top end are all teh polaris has over the brute but its a B***H to work and really expensive parts.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I will put my 850 up against any 840 brute out there... I have ridden with guys that have them. They are strong WHEN they are running but put a GOOD clutch like Airdam in the 850 along with good tune and I can guarreentee you no 840 brute will run off and leave an 850. Spend some money on a bigger cam and some head work and well..... you get the picture. The low end with stock clutching or even a clutch kit want really compare to the brute BUT your also talking about a bike that is around 100lb lighter as well. With the Airdam its a totally different story. The low end is much improved, enough so that I could wheelie even when I was running 34" terms.

The newer axles are not very strong one the 850's but what stock axles... and before you go saying oh canam and brute force stock axles are much stronger..... No they are not! I have seen guys break stock axles on the first ride with big tires on just about every brand out. You want to ride hard well stock axles just arent going to cut it.

I had a mechanic tell me the other when we were talking about a guy in group that is having to get his 2013 3 month old brute motor rebuilt that with brutes its not a matter of IF the motor will go out its a matter of WHEN the motor will go out.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I like the 850's and brutes but will say it is much cheaper to work on a brute and who cares which one is faster when we are rolling huge tires.... your gonna hear all the bad about both brutes seals and this and that then popo axles and front diffs this and that.....they are all the same you get what you know and if you know none then get the one you think looks cooler and learn it.....when it is said and done they all break and brutes motors are actually really good just gotta maintain them so that mechanic I wouldn't let work on my stuff lol.....my ford is better then your dodge everyone knows it is a pissing match when it comes to this but we still throw money at same crap our toys and that's that.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well I can't agree with you on the brute motors but the rest is a true story.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Well most brute motors that have problems have been one of 2 things ran hard and put up wet or water in motor and no bike usually likes water in crank.....lol but we can agree to disagree that's fine but I have a 08 brute that lives in mud and water and haven't went into motor yet and you have a 2010 850 that you already rebuilt haven't ya.....not saying mine is better because I know it isn't just making a statement my motor isn't junk like your mechanic and you I guess think

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes I have rebuilt mine BUT it was also a year and half after I swamped it at Copiah Creek. You get water in a brute motor and its toast.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree like you said and leave it at that. Kinda beating a dead horse here I feel. lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ok I will say this if you get WATER in any kind of motor you will eventually have problems down the road especially sandy water !! The only way you get away with it is if you split the casings and clean everything out!! The flush with everything still intact doesn't get all water spots out or sandy spots I've seen this more than once!! To avoid all this STAY out the water these machines cost to much $$$$$ as for popo vs brute I have never rode a popo but love my brutes power low end torque if I could only get rid of the heat on my left leg that come from my super pro muzzy exaust I would love it more!! lol fight on !!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

Gotta disagree with you there. I'm running 31s, Xtreme 2" lift, HL springs, shocks cranked up. I'm about as tall as you can get on stock suspension (in the rear anyway). Over 1100 miles and still on stock axles. The only issue I have had is seals. I rebuilt the front diff because I let the seals leak too long and the bearings went bad. I've replaced 2 front engine seals and maybe 4 rears. Also 2 sets of ball joints and a set of suspension bushings.

Now, my RZR 900....by 1100 miles I had replaced 2 full sets of wheel bearings, 4 Rhino axles, 1 stock axle, 2 water pump seals, 2 front diff seals, steering column shock, 2 tierods, suspension bushings, lower radius rods, driveshaft u-joints, and carrier bearing. The Rhino axles were faulty IMO. Shrek, Texasmudder, and Filthy all saw that. I also exploded 2 rear shocks but that was 100% my fault.

Polaris quality is not on par with Kawie and I know that. I'm just sick of my leg burning, the rough ride (but I still want ground clearance), and the bad steering. Basically, with a Ploaris I know I'd have to replace axles and tierod ends right off the bat and would be doing more maintenance. I just wanted to know if the better 4x4, smoother ride, and EPS was worth it.

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
^ Me too. I never had any axle problems on my '07 w/ the 29.5 laws, even when I had 12's up front on SRA rims.

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
Not sure how the new brute's are holding up, but the older ones never had problems with 30" tires, as long as you put in some different clutch springs. I rode hard on 29.5 OG Laws on stock axles and never broke one. 2" HL lift.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts