Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 05 brute 750 with 26" tires. would like a bit more response out of it but at the same time not lose top end and also not rev out terribly. any ideas?

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
maroon primary spring, and black secondary spring. from EPI. if $ is no object, send clutch to VFJ for stage 3 mod ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what exactly will it get me? A bit more response? I need both springs?

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
you dont really need the secondary but it will give just a hair more belt grip which will help on the bottom end. The maroon primary will make it pull hard throughout the throttle, and make it more responsive when you hammer the throttle and your already rolling. Ive got 26x12 MST's and its what im running, and I can get moving about 15-20mph then hammer it and the front end will stand up ;) Buying both springs and the tool to change them will run about $75 including shipping.

VFJ clutch work should make it that much better, but its like $280.

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
What do u have just the maroon or both springs?
yes I have maroon primary and black secondary.. pretty sure I mentioned that in there somewhere.. :thinking:

just order from EPI google is your friend

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
but just know - the black secondary is going to cut down on your top speed by 1-3 mph... I know thats not much - but if you're already running head to head with someone - they will pull u in the end when u change it(long distance runs anyway)... So if your trying to get more top out of her along with bottom and you have an extra $300 to spend - Send ur primary to vfj and get the stage 3 with a maroon primary and leave your secondary stock. You'll pick up more bottom to top with an extra 3-5 mph on top end.

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
the tool is to pull the primary off, you have to have it to get the primary off, and you will need a spring compressor tool, to get the secondary spring out and new one in, which you can make this yourself its easy, we have a thread about it in the how to section. the primary tool I think is around $35. Also, a torque wrench is needed to put the clutches back on, since they HAVE to be torqed to 69ftlbs. There are videos & wright ups w/ photos that explain how to do all of it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the tool have a specific name? There is a few different tools they sell

·
The Muskeg Magician
22 Posts
Its called the primary clutch puller. Looks like a long bolt with some threads halfway up. I just got mine, paid $45 Canadian for it. You can also get them at performance shops or your local Kawi dealer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok but what about the secondary clutch? Need a pulled for that one also?

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts

·
Administrator
15,449 Posts
^ Agreed you really need to read through all the clutch spring how to's and watch the videos that will answer a lot of questions. You WILL need a tool to change the secondary springs. It comes off the motor w/o a puller but you need the spring change tool. Here's is a detailed list of tools you will need

*Primary Clutch Puller (Buy from EPI)
*Secondary Spring Compress Tool (can build your own, click here)
*Snap Ring Pliars
*sockets/wrenches to remove CVT cover (10mm) and bolts holding clutches on (19mm & 27mm I think)
*torque wrench to put clutches back on (69ftlbs)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts