Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the overall best spring set up. don't want to loose to much top end. only running 26 swamplites but when I put them on over stock lost about 7mph top end.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Yeah the more aggressive tread will soak up mph . Not much you can do with the springs as far as getting topend back, But, you send the clutch to Vforcejohn for a stage3 mod. It'll give ya the topend back.

You can put a black or almond secondary in it to get some of the bottom end torque back.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
put an almond in there and you will be fine

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
how heavy are the SL's compared to MST's... I really like the black secondary w/ my 26 MST's... I dont think I would want the almond. Black secondary & Maroon primary ;) runs like a raped ape.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Swamplites are heavy, don't let the LITE part fool you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 26x9x12 are 26lbs and the 26x10x12 are 27 not that heavy, as some other tires the same size

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I'm with everyone else - gonna be hard to get your top end back without sending ur primary off to vfj. I can't believe you lost that much to begin with. I could see 2 or 3 maybe but 7... interesting...
I wouldnt change the secondary at all - no need to with that size but if you do want some back go with stage 3 work and maroon primary - that will put you back up high 60's - low 70's. Now remember ur speedo is gonna off now that uve upped the tires so dont trust the speedo - GPS it and see what u get.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
This probably won't give you a whole lot of piece of mind but going from a 25" to a 26" tire your speedometer is off by approximately 4%. Which means when your speedometer says your going 50 mph, your actually going 52 mph. So you probably only lost like 4 mph instead of 7.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
You've still added a lot of weight over stock. I was thinking you were running 12/10 combo which is 31/27lbs. When considering you can get a 27" Zilla which is 24.3/21.5lbs. As mentioned a spring setup isn't going to help you gain speed on the high end, but only gain your low end grunt back. Clutch mod or engine upgrades would be your only hope.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
the 26x9x12 are 26lbs and the 26x10x12 are 27 not that heavy, as some other tires the same size
Agreed

My 26x12 MST's are 28lbs and I'm running that on all 4.......... No problems w/ bottom end torque... So my suggestion is maroon primary/black secondary. Or get both and try them and see which you like better. They dont cost that much and you can ALWAYS sell a secondary spring real easy. People are always buying almond secondaries.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are the springs hard to change

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
nope

Check the how to section for spring change instructional videos ;)

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Not hard at all. The "how to's" are spot on and with some mechanical knowledge and a puller, you can do it.

I have 26's on mine. Went maroon & almond.

Really I didn't notice much difference in power or performance but it's much smoother.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts