Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the front lift installed on my rig yesterday. Naturally, and I knew this.. the shocks are topped right out.

Now, when I sit on it the front compresses slightly and I can rock back and forth ever so slightly and I can hear the shocks go thud as they top back out. I didnt have the forethought to think about how annoying this would be while riding lol.. or what it would do to the lifespan of the shocks.

Surely it can't be good? It's not good for automotive shocks. Whats everyone's experience with this?

·
Administrator
15,499 Posts
Spring spacers do put extra tension on the springs. And will shorten their life span. By how much I'm not sure...

HL makes a HD spring and there are other companies out there as well doing the same. If you were trying to gain lift by using the spring spacers, that really doesn't provide any lift.... Just takes any sag out of the springs and keeps the shocks maxed out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not too concerned about the springs themselves, just curious how long the shocks will last constantly slamming all the way extended.

It would of been nice if yamaha gave us shocks with internal bumpstops.

I did some measuring and I figure that I could buy and run a set of rear shocks in the front of my rig and achieve the same lift while retaining proper sag. That may be the route I go if the constant slamming becomes too annoying or a real problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts