Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Brute Force 750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A squeaky noise is coming from the belt box area, the noise is very loud when idling in High, Low, and reverse but goes away once put into neutral or throttle is applied, any ideas?

·
Administrator
15,499 Posts
That just means your deflection is a little tight... some people say a little "squeal" is normal. I'd start by checking the deflection of the belt.

·
Registered
2007 Brute Force 750
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That just means your deflection is a little tight... some people say a little "squeal" is normal. I'd start by checking the deflection of the belt.

Thanks for the reply! I'll be checking that out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I'll be checking that out
can confirm that, i adjust my deflection to be a little tight like that on purpose for two reasons: 1. it has less lag on engagement and as a result more burst power, can pop wheelies on my `08 650 with minimal effort and i weigh 335lbs; 2. i will readjust the deflection once the belt gets about 60-65%% worn and that gets me another 6-800 miles out of the belt (currently on 3k and change miles and 800 hours on an OEM BF belt prolly change it this coming spring season and i ride during the winter) until it starts slipping (that sound of a belt coming loose and spinning after coming off the throttle when revving in N ) then put the shims back when i swap out to a new belt.
unless it makes that noise incessantly and doesn't stop, its completely fine.

Reactions: Slydog
1 - 4 of 4 Posts