1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
man I like that sound almost better than I do my LRD... I wish STOGI had done the write up & posted it Before I bought my LRD. I'd have most likely done this instead, seeing as how I have mt stock exhaust laying around, I'm liable to end up doing it anyway, eventually. Just for fun.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I think i am gonna use IBBRUINs method:rockn: Free sound quality:rockn: Sounds good by the way

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
that sounds real good. best ive heard so far i think.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took about 2 hours the hardest part was getting the plug welds loose

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I had mine done as well. I found that it is very difficult to get those little tack welds off as well, until I found this trick: "flush out" that little weld from the exterior of the pipe wall. To me, thats what worked the best, and when you re-weld it.....just weld the hole closed with the stuff in place where its supposed to be and it will be back together like it was. Use a small grinding wheel to get any access off, buff and paint with a high temp paint. I used black. I have posted a video already somewhere on here, just cant remember where yet....

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
Not that I know of.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:thinking:has anyone ever done this to another machine? i want to do something like this to my 850 but i dont know what it looks like inside or if it is all welded together instead of just plug welds can anyone help? before i just chop away blindly!?!?!:greddy2:

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
i did mine about a year ago, an had a lot of hmf,muzzy say they really like the sound of it, an would have probly done the same, if they had known of the mod, i could tell a big difference in preformance also

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did this mod to my brute and definetly a lot better! I also found the best way to get those plug welds is from the outside with a small grinder and just replug after. I did mine right on the bike and finished in 2 hours. Great mod guys thanks!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Man, that sounds really good. It sounds like my big gun, just less quieter. Good job.:bigok:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts