Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Stock Exhaust Mod

82K views 132 replies 55 participants last post by  2010Bruterider 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Anyone else done this mod yet?

#3 ·
Not me. I'm wanting an an after market exhaust this coming spring but I'm torn on what to get.I'd like to get a Swamp XL but I've yet to hear one on a brute yet. It may be too loud. I've also considered the big gun full but I'm not too keen on the looks of it.

#55 ·
I had the Swamp XL on my "other bike". I was sadly disappointed by the preformance and Extremely LOUD sound of that pipe, hense the name (Swamp Series XL....extra loud, and that aint no joke). By the end of the day, I was ready to rip it off and ride with nothing, to me.....it was that annoying. I'm sure the quiet core would do some justice to this pipe, but how will that decrease performance and horsepower? Just a thought. I have never heard this particular pipe on a brute, but I can assure you....I will NEVER own another of these pipes. I'm not trying to beat up that pipe, I'm sure it serves it's puropse......guess it's just not for eveyone and application. I'm sorry to sound so negative and disappointing, just my two cents of this pipe and MY experience. :drillsergeant:

#4 ·
ill be getting the big gun full. the sticker on it looks a little funny but i hear it sounds pretty darn good.

#5 ·
yeah i did the mod i jus took all of the baffiling out of it and it sounds like a friggin harley

#6 ·
i will try this:smokin::smokin:

#7 ·
i did it and i like it very much thanks for the information :rockn:

#10 ·
Excellent. Looking forward to the report.

#12 ·
I did it too i like how it sounds and is pretty simple hardest part is ripping the muffler apart once thats done you are golden. I also found that it was hard to fit all those holes in the baffle when i drilled it so i made some smaller holes along with some ofthe 3/8 holes seemed to work well

#18 ·
I like it. Its a good buy. You'll need the flywheel puller or bring it to the dealer to pull it off. That's what i did they dint even charge me to do it!! and I didnt even buy the bike from them!! I did have it torn down to the flywheel so that's all they had to do is pull it.

#17 ·
STOGI does

#20 ·
i did it sounds like a 350 lol but it was harder thin it looked to do that welded the thing so bad had to grind sum of it form the out side and welded it back up but works good thanks for the mod

#23 ·
Is the Moose in your sig an actual cdi or is it a flip chip? If it is a cdi it's already advancing your timing 5*. I've read the key and cdi combined will advance your timing too much and cause bad things to happen. But keep in mind I'm just repeating things I've read. No personal experience.

#25 ·
I'm not sure if I'm missing any power but with the addition of the snorks and gutting the exhaust I still haven't had to rejet. It doesn't miss at idle or anywhere in the throttle except maybe, just maybe, a little at the extreme top end of the rpm range. I don't race and have never had it topped out as far as speed goes so I really don't care if it misses a little up there.

#29 ·
I have done this mod mainly sound but it does feel like i gained a little power

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.