Mud in My Blood Forum banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts
Here we go with another "lean" question, with the hmf utility slip on I run lean(no programmer), with this mod do you think I will? My PC3 took a swim and I'm saving up for the MSD but I would like to do this mod in the meantime.

I was wondering ........ what actual gains is there to be had other than sound? Another thing will I have to re-jet seeing I have a K&N filter (supposedly allows for more air flow.................I see no REAL improvment over stock)?

Discussion starter · #85 ·
Most have said they noticed a slight increase in power. You should not have to re-jet. I havent read of anyone else having to b/c of the stock exhaust mod.

The "REAL improvement" is getting a decent sound out of your stock exhaust, for free. Instead of dropping a few $100 on an aftermarket can.

I did it and didn't have to run a programmer or anything. It's just to get a decent sound for free. I used the turndown tip from my HMF on mine and it looks "ok". I didn't notice any power difference. To truly feel a power difference from your exhaust you need to get a full system that comes with larger sized header pipes and have it tuned/jetted by someone who knows what they are doing. I have to admit, the stock exhaust mod does sound pretty decent.

did this today sounds sick .....i love it ........

Discussion starter · #95 ·
Fixed link.

It's LOUD. lol

Yea this is common as the ehaust now flows better and it needs more fuel to accomodate.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using tapatalk.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.