Mud in My Blood Forum banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts
Yes it is a lean condition. If it was a carbed unit I would tell you to turn your slow screws out 1/4 turn.

The retard is only up to 5 mph and has no effect on the jetting.

I did this to my 06 brute 750 last weekend sounds great ! its popping bad on decel ,and i know its gotta be lean , bought the bike used and wasnt sure on jet size cause guy i got it from had dealer do all the snorkel work and he didnt know .... Anyways here is what the carb was set at , tell me what u think i might tweak, it has 150 front 155 back , 2 washers behind each needle , front needle is on 4th notch , back was on third notch , no sure about air screws ? I have dynatek cdi and K&N air filter, 2" snorkels , Any help getting me close would be greatly appreciated

Yeah, It looks like i'm gonna have to do this mod, until i get an HMF slip-on....I'm just worried it's gonna sound like a 350???? :haha:lmao...hopefully not.

Question do you guys think, this mod would affect a 2011 fuel injected model? Please hit me up with some feedback...Thanks.

Chirp in exhaust mod

yea at first mine would back fire but it seems to have gotten better on the chirp make sure you dont have a exhaust leak
I did this mod as well minus the hole drilling but what everyone forgets to mention or doesn't do is file or die grind any burrs off where you cut the baffle off of the tale pipe and that will make a whistle like or chirpy like sound, I've modded my raptors stock exhaust and found this out then, so I new how to prevent the whistle or chirpy sound when I did my brute. I would like to find out if I could benefit from an optimizer with this mod and snorks if you or someone else has an answer for this I would greatly appreciate it thanks and hope this helps

Madman exhaust mod coming soon!?

Did the exhaust mod, it's alright I was happy with the results, but I think I figured out a better way to not have to buy after market exhaust I'm taking the stock pipe to another level, I will post picks and results when I'm done, but for now it's just an idea, have to make time to get it done so I might not post it for a couple of weeks or so.

I did this mod as well minus the hole drilling but what everyone forgets to mention or doesn't do is file or die grind any burrs off where you cut the baffle off of the tale pipe and that will make a whistle like or chirpy like sound, I've modded my raptors stock exhaust and found this out then, so I new how to prevent the whistle or chirpy sound when I did my brute. I would like to find out if I could benefit from an optimizer with this mod and snorks if you or someone else has an answer for this I would greatly appreciate it thanks and hope this helps
IMO, the Optimizer is a waste of money... A Power Commander or MSD would give you the most benefits if your going to spend some money.

-Killing Time Using Tapatalk-

I've done this MOD....and I still have a friggen backfire on decel! 40 Pilots, 155 / 160 jets, carb cleaned many times, no leaks…
It’s driving me crazy. I suspect that I have too much flow and may just have to buy a slip on and be done with it.
A word or warning don’t take too much out of the muffler or you might have the same problem I’m having.

I've done this MOD....and I still have a friggen backfire on decel! 40 Pilots, 155 / 160 jets, carb cleaned many times, no leaks…
It’s driving me crazy. I suspect that I have too much flow and may just have to buy a slip on and be done with it.
A word or warning don’t take too much out of the muffler or you might have the same problem I’m having.
Have you tried shimming the needle?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Buying a "slip-on" isn't going to cure a jetting issue.......

101 - 120 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.