Mud in My Blood Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts
My 05 750 backfires at least on time after going fast,then slowing down quickly - this happens everytime I repeat this situation - it seemed to start this during warmer weather.I thought this was normal from loading up the carbs with fuel at Mid to WOT,then slowing down fast to 1/4 throttle, where as the excess fuel has no where to go but detonates in the exhaust - Am I wrong ????????

I suspect that the stock exhaust mod allows air that isn’t spent gas back into the muffler chamber and makes it “act” lean causing a backfire. Because you can add a ton of fuel and still get a backfire after this mod. Most aftermarket slip-ons have very little open chamber…
I might try moding a pipe with hole in it and some packing to fix the backfire.
For those who think the mod is too loud for them they can cut a pipe with hole about 6 inches long held in by a drilled hole and a bolt. It quiets it down and sounds better than any expensive slip on IMO……But in my case I still have a backfire L

I'm gonna try this soon, I got a shot right up the rd to get it all done, and I'm a jam up fitter and welder if I say so myself, lol but I was wondering about how it would work on a fuel injected 13, it's just the muffler tho, an if it didn't throw the jetting off on the carb models it should be good on the FI models

I'm gonna try this soon, I got a shot right up the rd to get it all done, and I'm a jam up fitter and welder if I say so myself, lol but I was wondering about how it would work on a fuel injected 13, it's just the muffler tho, an if it didn't throw the jetting off on the carb models it should be good on the FI models
Haven't been able to put much seat time on it but it doesn't seem to have had any negative effects. Just make sure there's nothing loose inside 'cause it'll rattle like crazy.

Discussion starter · #128 ·
I searched, so sorry if I missed something, but:

Anybody tried this on a 12 with good results? Nice clean stock look with aggressive sound seems like a win win to me.
Yes someone just posted about it like 2 days ago. I think in the exhaust sound clip thread.

i have a 2015 brute 750. I have stock exhaust and this weekend while riding I got inot some water wasn't close to my snorkels but my exhaust was under water and when I let off the throttle it killed I pulled it back to trailer and brought it home and flushed it out just to be sure but is that normal with a stock exhaust and if so if I go with dual muzzys will that make my bike idle underwater.

It doesn't mater what brand of exhaust you have, if the bike dies with the exhaust deep enough enough under water it will back up into the motor. Only way to prevent this is to snorkel the exhaust. Then you will still run the risk if the exhaust leaks.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #132 ·
Stogi is right ^^ and even worse with aftermarket mufflers, b/c they are typically more open. Which will allow more water to flow right into an open exhaust valve..

Brutes don't idle under water. Exhaust snorkel is your best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 133 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.