Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i sunk my 650brute sat nite at redcreek . water through muffler. there was water in the carbs, both cyl. ,and in oil. took carbs off and cleaned them out blew all water out of cyl and changed the oil. been workin on it for almost 5hrs. and wont start. got gas, got fire but seems to be a little weak. compression seem to be stong on both cyl. any ideas on why it wont start?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sunk my 650

well i sunk my brute lastnite, it had water in both carbs, cyl and oil. took carbs off and cleaned them blew water out cyls and changed the oil. it still wont start. gas is good to carbs and have fire on both plugs but seems to me to be a little weak . any ideas on what i am missing . compression seems strong on both cyls

·
Registered
356 Posts
I sunk mine sat night as well but am not in as rough shape as tim, but am still having problems with my 650 brute. Drained everything, checked belt and clutch, pulled plastics off looking for anything obvious but no luck. runs ok, but no top end power, used too hit 60 mph on the road and now struggels with hittin 35 ish. I am stumped right now. This is my first machine so if u know of anything big or small that could be causing this please let me know

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wasnt over the racks , eased in to a hole and decide to back out when i let off the gas to shift in reverse it died and muffler was under water

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i merged this thread with the other one

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I sunk mine sat night as well but am not in as rough shape as tim, but am still having problems with my 650 brute. Drained everything, checked belt and clutch, pulled plastics off looking for anything obvious but no luck. runs ok, but no top end power, used too hit 60 mph on the road and now struggels with hittin 35 ish. I am stumped right now. This is my first machine so if u know of anything big or small that could be causing this please let me know
does the bike spit and sputter a lot? any flashing on the display?

wasnt over the racks , eased in to a hole and decide to back out when i let off the gas to shift in reverse it died and muffler was under water
sorry to hear man. what all came of it? milked oil? hydrolock?

·
Registered
356 Posts
ya I get some low/mid rpm sputter but when you push on her a bit she straightens out but doesn't have any power too er no flashing lights tho

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea mine hydrolocked but i took plugs out and carbs off and blew out cyls with air compressor. it turns over but doesnt even try to start, not even with starter fluid.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ya I get some low/mid rpm sputter but when you push on her a bit she straightens out but doesn't have any power too er no flashing lights tho
did you drain the carb bowls?

yea mine hydrolocked but i took plugs out and carbs off and blew out cyls with air compressor. it turns over but doesnt even try to start, not even with starter fluid.
did you check to make sure you had spark? if you do perhaps your rings are seized and the compression is too low to try to start.
if that's the case pour 10 to 15ml of oil into each spark plug hole.

·
Registered
356 Posts
no i did not, is there any info on the site too guide me on that as I am new too this stuff

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
that's going to be yor problem then.
on each carb there's a drain tube attached to the bottom.
near that tube is a screw. loosed the screw and water will drain out then gas.
i do not have pics . :(

·
Registered
356 Posts
k thank you i will try that next, if u got anything else that could be possible please let me know as I am on a ltd time line as my dad wants his garage back lol

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just put some oil in each cyl and it fired right up . so what should i do know?just let it run and the rings will unseize

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
k thank you i will try that next, if u got anything else that could be possible please let me know as I am on a ltd time line as my dad wants his garage back lol
once you drain the bowls if should run like it did before. you will be good to go after that. should take you just a few mins to drain them.

i just put some oil in each cyl and it fired right up . so what should i do know?just let it run and the rings will unseize
yeah yer good to go now.
if the oil is clean, safe to ride.

·
Registered
356 Posts
when draining the carbs, is it just a small hose that runs down with a plug in it. If so how much fuel should come out, as I have found the hose and drained it (NASTY stuff outta it) and it has a gas smell but no fuel, should I fire up too get some fuel pressure up?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
already changed the oil . let her run till the fan came on so i know it was at ridin temp, kill it and then fired her right back up. it smoked just long enough to burn the oil out the cyl and then cleared up good. i have another question about the dreaded dead miss at idle, what causes and how to fix?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i found that u have to spin it over to get more fuel flow once the the bowls are empty. and u need to do that a few times . it took me about a coke can to get all the water out my carbs

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
this is what a good forum is all about. good answers from guys with experence. thanks phreebsd

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and thanks to my mimb brother who i ran into in the sinkhole for helpin me push her out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts