Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sank my brute force 750 on Saturday. Changed the plugs, changed oil till it wasn't milky. Sprayed starter Fluid in the valves. Still wont crank any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
please tell us exactly what happened go up exhaust or through intake and did you try and start it....it sounds hydrolocked you need to pull plugs and leave them out and turn bike over til all water comes outta plug holes then it should fire up if not you might have done to much damage

·
Administrator
15,539 Posts
There's a very specific process you need to follow with the brute and even then, there's no guarantee. :( that's just how it is with the vtwins. We have a page here with the process... You can try to pour a little oil on top of the cylinders and see if she will crank. Probably has stuck rings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bike got stuck in the mudd and died water was up over the seat. We immediately pulled it out and towed to truck where we turned it upside down. Went to pull plugs and dry off and lost it so we loaded up where the next day we were stuck in and was the next before I was able to drain oil and change plugs. Changed plugs twice changed oil three time tried starter fluid can see gas spraying from valves sounds good trying to crank just will not turn over

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sunken brute

ok guys ive got a 2009 brute force 750 and it sank up over the seatin a mud hole and water got in the exhaust and killed the engine i stood her up drained the exhaust there doesnt seem to be any water in the oil. i cannot get her to crank back up im getting great spark i thought it might be hydrolocked so i put some oil in the cyliders still nuthin when i try to crank it up this was nasty mud water bye the way i pulled all the elctrical plugs cleaned them and put dielectric grease on them and still cant get her to crank. when i pull the plugs and turn her over i can smell gas coming out so i think its getting plenty of fuel i looked down through the throttle bodies and u cant see mudd im lost guys i cannot get this thing cranked? Please help

·
Registered
94 Posts
What do you mean it won't turn over? It just goes click or does it cranks and no fire?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Im confused :thinking:

·
Registered
242 Posts
seriously how many threads do you need?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i merged them together into this one.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
what year is the brute?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry no it has good fire and wil turn over just will not crank
If the motor turns over, then that means it is cranking... I think you meant to say, it will crank over but will not run.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
As mentioned above, try pouring about a cap full of oil down each cylinder and then try to start it. If the rings are stuck you may have a loss of compression and the oil will free the rings and also help to give enough compression back to get the motor started. It will smoke for a little bit once it starts but will quit once the oil is burned off the tops of the pistons.

·
Registered
80 Posts
are the spark plugs back in it ? try pouring marvel mystery oil down the cylinder when it compresses it will cause compression sounds like you may have stuck rings .. and why in the world did you spray starter fluid down the cylinders that may have an effect why its not starting that was not a smart thing to do ..imo .. search sunk brute how to on here i have followed it a few times it works.. pour some seafoam in gas cause you might have water in gas if water was over your seat .. where you from maybe someone that lives near you may give you a hand sounds like you need all you can get

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
post your location. there maybe some one close to you to help you out. good luck with the warranty

·
Administrator
15,539 Posts
Just keep cranking on it. When someone at the labor day ride flooded his, it had to sit over night, and it still took us an hour+ the next morning to get it cranked. Some dunderhead was shooting WD40 in the cylinders (like starter fluid) I think he used a whole can. Which only made the fact that it was flooded worse.................

1 - 20 of 39 Posts