Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can u test ur snorks to see if they r sealed up?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
there are a few different ways.. an easy way to test your air intake snorkel is to start your bike and cover the snorkel with your hand. It should die within 5-8 seconds.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i tired that n it didnt die. but u can tell that i was stravein it for air. so idk if im gettin my hand tight enough or not

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
dunk it and if it fails it is just a rebuild is all jk big p is correct seal it good with the palm of your hand and it shouldnt take but a couple seconds to die

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ki. guess i will try again tomorrow

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
If you didn't seal your airbox lid, it will not die. Mine is really starving for air when I cover the snorkle, but just does not quite die. I am waiting to replace air filter with UNI filter, then seal the lid.

That's my guess as to why it doesn't die...I could be wrong...

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya. do u think i should seal the lid?

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Some people have tested them using a smoke machine...

I didn't have a smoke machine....so I used smoke bombs LOL

Filled the snorkles with smoke and covered the pipes. No leaks!!! That is just one way IMO.... I haven't gotten mine deep enough yet to really try them, so take it for what it's worth....

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya. see wat happen... gonna try 2 see if i can cap them off better tomorrow

·
Registered
102 Posts
yea man that is all good info ,i have done 5 and i have been 5 f0r 5 i just chance it i use a good amount of glue and trust my work lol good luck

·
Registered
288 Posts
I didnt seal my air box and it died when I put my hand over it, another way is to get some plastic and cover it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
ya. see wat happen... gonna try 2 see if i can cap them off better tomorrow
if i were you, i'd take the safe route and seal your airbox lid. that should fix any problems. Pull the airbox lid off and remove the stock gasket. go to the auto parts store and get you some RTV silicone and fill the notch in your airbox lid with it all the way around. dont be scared to put alot. it'll make sure it's all the way sealed.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
can u take the lid back off? even tho u sealed it?

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I seal my lid w/ silicon, usually clean it off and re-seal it every 2 or 3 rides. and yeah, it will come off, just have to pry a little. Some people put a little ring of grease around first before the silicon, so it will seal, but wont dry & stick to the plastic.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yeah. you can pull it off. it'll be tough to pull off but that's ok. you will have to apply new RTV silicone each time you remove the lid to check the filter or whatever so make sure you keep some on hand

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im gonna try the grease tomorrow. c wat happens

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
... I haven't gotten mine deep enough yet to really try them, so take it for what it's worth....
:thinking:Thats Thie FIRST thing i did was sink it below the bars and let it idle for about a min then i dicided they were sealed :rockn::rockn:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Mine dies as soon as I cover it....LOL!! mine is sealed TIGHT...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts