Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can i expect from it if i were to get one, i know nothing about them and all i have is a almond secondary but would like to know what his clutching would do for me

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
me personally i couldnt reall tell a difference only difference was about 5 mph on top end but as far as that goes nothing else noticable but my bike hasnt ran right since i got it back from the shop so couldnt really tell what the clutch did

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Biggest difference i seen was the fact that it runs a given speed at lower RPMs then before i had the clutch cut and a little more top end.The belt seams to ramp up the primary with less RPM then before. In return this does seam to help with gas mileage a little but nothing drastic. They claim it gives better belt grip in the primary but i cant say it does or don't. I've not had any belt problems with the Brute since i bought it with eaither clutch.

From a performance stand point i think a bigger gain would be noticed from a built bike verses a stock bike.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I just got the stage 2 mod done last week, and I am very pleased with the results, I have noticed a good differance through out the entire power band, especially on take off and top end. Me and a buddy with a Outty 800 was playing around sunday and beleive it or not off the line we were neck and neck, but it wouldn't take long for his HP to take over. At first he was playing with me untill he looked back and seen that I was right there. After then he quit playing, but I wern't no more than 4 or 5 bike links behind him. He was surprised:shocked:, but in the mud, my bike was right there with his. Overall I am very pleased with the mod, and think it is the single best mod that I have done to my bike. Just a little note, that same buddy has a built 750 Brute that he uses for heavy mudding and he is going to have VFJ stage 3 mod done for his 750 Brute now. Oh, BTW did I mention that wheelies are easier now?..:rockn:

·
Registered
762 Posts
i called and talked to him and was advised (by him) to run a RED primary?
i want to keep the same top end potential i have now and dont really need the low end grunt for bigger tires....i should of asked why the red primary but i forgot to.
any reason he recommended this?
this was for the stage 3 with spider MOD though.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Don't know. Thats the same clutch that i have and he suggested the EPI maroon primary spring for mine.I told him mine would be used for mud/trail riding.

Ask him and see what he says.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Same here I told him more trail than mud with 27" XTR's and he said maroon primary was perfect, I have been running it for almost 2yrs and I love it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of a 08 750 clutch mainly the spider before the mod. I am also looking the pics that someone the a kawie forum somewhere was using washers to space the cover. I dont agree with the washers but want to look at his pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts