Mud in My Blood Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
here's the vid before

here's the vid with it installed (after)

I just don't understand it. Mine already pulls insane wheelies out of the hole. I'm not saying that there is no room for improvement but mine does not act like its got any kind of retard on it. ...i don't know maybe it does????

Heres a super short vid my wife took the day i brought the brute home. Its completely stock of course and at that point i had never ridden a brute before so my wheeling ability was rusty to say the least. But you get the point

Do the 08 EFI's really have the retard????? Ha anyone tried this mod on an 08 and noticed an improvement?

Supposedly they do Metal Man, but mine sure didn't act like the one in the video when it was stock. It would do like yours every time I took off hard. I'm wanting one, but I want to wait till more people get them.

im not far from orderin one myself. i dont want my bike to be a retard its whole life

hahahahaha good one.

It was confirmed on kawieriders that the module does indeed make a huge difference on the 08 brute. i feel like mine has the low end retard for sure.

Do you have it installed on a 08 or 09 Brute?

it will work for EFI bikes, or at least thats what the talk is on Kawie Riders

that's just for laughs!

OK i installed the HL ICM to my 08 FI Brute 750 today. I'll have to say that i did not experience the WOW factor that a lot of people are experiencing. Maybe i was expecting to much. To be fare though i must mention that i never did have a problem with hole shot power on my brute. Its always been super stout straight out of the hole in stock form and I've always had a hard(next to impossible) time keep the wheels on the ground from a dead stop to wide open launch.I also have had some clutch work done so that factors in as well.

On the up side i do think this module works. It does feel to be a little stronger now but nothing crazy insane. With some bolt on mods and a trip to a engine turner it very well might be very impressive.

I don't mean to sound disappointed because I'm not. Over all I'm happy with it.

You guys with the large heavy tires may notice more of a gain then i did.

Here are some pics of the install. It might help clear up a few questions some of you have.

I used a HL ICM PWR PAK. It has 3 wires. Red for positive,black for ground and orange which hooks to the speed sensor wire.

You will hook the orange wire from your module to the pink wire. This pink wire has silver dots on the under side of it.

Cut the pink wire in half and leave the end going to the sensor open.Hook the orange wire to the end of the pink wire going to the stock CDI. Be sure to solder and add heat shrink.

Hook the red power wire to the bottom of your fuse block. The wire you will hook it to is brown with blue dots.

Here you can see i soldered the wires and added heat shrink to it as well.

I did not take a pic of the black wire but all i done was add a jumper to it and ran it straight to the Negative side of the battery.

Done

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.