Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Boot do you know if those are American or Mexican EDL's and is their as much of a difference in the 2 as most people claim?

I been considering the EDL's for my RZR.
Those were the Mexican....the new ones should be Tawain when they get them in stock...lol. They are the same molds as the Mexican though. I have had both....I could only measure a half inch and that measuring exactly like the tire companies do...

them EDL's look nasty. i dont know how good they do but i like the way they look
It the pits they are VERY good IMO. They bite the bottom like not other.

thanks for that pic bootlegger. that's exactly the kind of pic that im hoping to fill this thread with!
Thanks.....I took that at the High Lifter Tennessee Mudfest last year. From my experiance the way that picture is it the best way to get it....when you put them side by side its very easy to get an advantage on one tire or the other....if one tire is slightly forward it will look smaller only if its a hair more. I can take a pic of my 27 inch Zilla's and my 28 inch Silverbacks side by side and move my back forward just a tad and take a pic from above and the Zilla's will look the same size....see what I am saying? I am NOT saying the other pics are bad so please do not take it like that. Just saying its easy to adjust them. Ok...I actually had a photograher tell me that once so I can't take the credit....lol. It was a guy from an ATV mag at a race....he said tires companies do that when they are comparing their tires to competitors...lol. I tried it at home on day and he was correct..its the angle the pic it taken from...lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
27x12 Vampires rear, 28x10 USA EDL's up front:

Here the two tires are, side by side:

The EDL's may be 1/16th of an inch taller, at best. Both of these tires were in the 27.25 to 27.5 inch tall range. I've never seen any EDL's (Mexican or otherwise) measure taller than 27.5. I don't know if the Mexican made EDL's always run short, or if they have a larger deviation from the average EDL height (about 27 inches).

As another reference, here is the same bike but with 29.5's and a 1.5 inch front lift:

These 29.5's are pretty dang close to 29.5 inches tall. They might be 29 on a bad day.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I was going to post the comparison with my 28" backs vs the 27" executioners... but phreebds already stole my pic... LOL... I'm happy with the executioners... they are on my wifes kodiak and she follows me around everywhere I go unless I tell her otherwise... I haven't had to pull her out yet since those tires... but she has pulled mine out...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Has anyone put a 30"back upside a 31" or 29.5" outlaw?
one of those pics already exists in this thread (30 bax vs 29.5 laws)

here's 27" laws vs 26" mudbug

·
Registered
164 Posts
People seem to say the silver backs are measuring small. Figured i'd post my 28/12/12 silvers beside my 30/10/12 mud lights. Both tires are side by side...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
that picture is definitely weird. Looks like 28 bax are same size as those 30's.
that would mean the 28's are the same size as my 31's.

I lined up next to walker at rocks and his tires we're pretty close to the height of mine.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I have a Bunch of great pics....but i cannot access the site from work...I will post when I get home....it will be a big help...trust me...Great pics.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Pics should be on concrete at least. The best are unmounted.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Here is 29.5x10 with 7psi and 28x10 Silverback not mounted...with air the would be close to the same.

29.5 & 32 Backs.

EDL's on Crushlocks and with out...

I will get more up soon.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
this is a good thread.
them EDL's look f'in awsome

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Diggin those EDLs.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I LOVE EDL's....the are the bomb to race with IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
this is a 28x10-12 silverback versus the stock 25" tire from a can-am

·
Registered
415 Posts
29.5x10 Outlaws right, 30x9 silverbacks left. Same pressures, Backs are on the Brute so it may make them apper a pinch shorter than they actually are.

29.5x10 outlaws left, 30x11 Silverbacks right

29.5x10 Outlaws left, 30x9 Silverbacks right

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
i didn't get any pics when they were both mounted but the zillas are mounted with 15psi and the mudlites are unmounted

30/9/14 Zillas 28/10/14 Mudlites

Fronts

Rears
30/11/14 Zillas 28/12/14 Mudlites

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
29.5x10 Outlaws right, 30x9 silverbacks left. Same pressures, Backs are on the Brute so it may make them apper a pinch shorter than they actually are.

29.5x10 outlaws left, 30x11 Silverbacks right

29.5x10 Outlaws left, 30x9 Silverbacks right

i would love to have a set of 30 backs but what would make me even more happy would be 29.5 on 14 rims

·
Registered
415 Posts
Crappy pic but here's my 650i(right) with 30" backs next to the green(left) 750 with 31" outlaws. I pulled up next to him to see how they compared. I'd say the backs were .5" shorter or so.

21 - 40 of 167 Posts