Mud in My Blood Forum banner

61 - 80 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Those are the 28x10x12 Laws...they are short as well. the only 28 Outlaws that are any good IMO is the 28x9.5x12 they have a flat profile.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey I Was Wondering What A 28" inch zilla with about 5 psi would measure out at? anybody ever put a tape measure up to one?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
has anyone checked out the terminator tires that tc atv has on ther website they look huge. bt then agin they are 32s and they look real mean

·
Registered
79 Posts

28" backs on my 750. 29.5" laws on 650 gaylander

and 29.5 laws on 800 Canned ham

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Another example of 30" SIlverback next to a 29.5" Outlaw

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i gt a big surprise over memorial day weekend on a big ride when i pulled up beside a guy on a brute wit 32in backs and my 31in laws wer taller and the guy wit the backs even addmitted that the 31s r taller cause he use to have a set. OH YEA OUTLAWS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I know that my 29.5 'law are as tall as some people's 30 'backs but alot of it depends on how much air you have in them

·
Administrator
15,372 Posts

·
Administrator
15,372 Posts
then you need to read this:

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5515

and also keep in mind that some tires have a more round profile (mudlites) while others have a flatter profile (backs) so, putting them side x side unmounted is not an accuarate comparison.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well the backs run very true to size the 31s are on the same wheels the 32s are on offset wise and the wider tire is pushed to gether making it taler like when you crush a tire so that would make the 31x11s closer to 32s also here are some pics of 29.5x10 laws and 30x14 silverbacks and every 29.5 law i mesured mesured 29.75 so that is why they look so close to the same i think both these have 5 psi or so

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
If you measure a every atv the correct way...most will measure true to size...maybe some a slight bigger or smaller. I posted a while back on here how companies measure them. Taking a measure tape on the ground while they are mounted or um mounted will not get a true size like most think. For instance I have taken my 28x10x12 Silverbacks and put them beside my older 28x9.5x12 Outlaws I had for a short while and the Silverbacks will be bigger. The post above that Polaris425 posted a link to my thread...I hope it helps some.

·
Registered
92 Posts
so what is the pest psi to run in 29.5x10x12 laws

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I run 5 psi in my 10's and 7 psi in my 12's

·
Registered
121 Posts
Measuring the circumference and dividing by pi is the same as measuring the diameter. The issue is that people often have weight on the tire causing it to distort before measuring it. They also measure at different pressures which makes a difference, especially on some tires.

·
Registered
65 Posts

28" Swamplites vs Stock

Lift before and after at rear diff

and at the side before and after

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
them swamplites got some good tread on them. im convinced they would be superior in a forest.

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
a question for bootlegger, how do you get 7psi into an unmounted tire, if you used a tube it looks to me it would spread the bead out farther than if it was on the rim

61 - 80 of 167 Posts