Mud in My Blood Forum banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUESTION: i have seen people say to mount them with 7psi for real size... will they get BIGGER mounted and filled? (i know this may be a dumb question...)

when i measured the rear (new never mounted) they are only like 24-25" including the treads. i set them against my dads 26" that are mounted on his polaris 400 and they are the same size ?!?!

(mine are new 28" Mega Mayhems)

at this point i'm feeling pretty dissappointed...

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
They will balloon up when you mount them and put air in them... Right now they are just sitting flat on their own.

Just think back to when you've walked out and one of your back tires was half flat, how it looked compared to the other, and how much lean your wheeler would have to it... Same principal....

·
Registered
479 Posts
Many tires are a bit off on the labeled sizes. Most of those run smaller than the posted size but a few actually run larger.

Some tires really "grow" a lot when mounted. My 30" Bighorns were 26" tall (and very wide) unmounted but when I put them on the wheels they were ~29" tall.

Also a wide tire on a narrow rim is going to be taller and more round than the same size tire on a wider rim.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Understood. That gives me hope as of now Lol!!! I was pretty disappointed when my dad set them next to his and his were bigger. (His look like they have 10000psi in them though)

would much rather be muddin then talkin

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'm very skeptical about these images until I see them side by side in a real life situation. If the tire measures bigger than a 34, why wouldn't they label it is a 34 or 34.5? Doesn't make any sense to me..

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Most highlifter tires run true to size or a little larger than the size. Most other brands run short. My 34 terms are 33.25" with 10psi.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Term vs Mud Bug

Here is an unmounted 29.5x10x14 Term next to a 26x12x12 Mud Bug. I'll get weights on the Terms soon and post them...just for another data point. Once I get them mounted I'll get a proper size (diameter) measurement too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Term Size (Diameter) Measurement

Well, if I've done this correctly, the size (diameter) of a 29.5x10x14 Super ATV Terminator mounted to an MSA M20 Kore inflated to 5 PSI is 28.75.

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Mudder in laws you mean? Are they not just a term. knock off? I imagine they will perform about the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry for the spelling. Not sure? Their new this year. From what I can find out their kind 'a in between a O2 and Terms. I cant find a lot of information. The few people I talk to love them. Just trying to get a little more info. Does anybody have the true weigh on these tires?

·
Registered
46 Posts
They told me 30" backs run "way short"

New 30" back vs. 50% ish 28" MudZilla. 30's actually measured 29.75" with 10psi half *** measuring, doing it right they probably would be true 30" no problem.

·
Registered
74 Posts

26 inch bh compared to a 28 inch executioner (with no air, no wheel)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got my backs in!

28x10x12 backs vs 28x9x14 executioners

28x12x12 backs vs 28x11x14 executioners

28x12x12 backs (no air not on wheel) vs 28x10x14 intimadators

·
Registered
10 Posts
29.5x9.5OL2 next to a 32.5x10.5OL2 both mounted on a 14x7 wheel and aired to 10psi.

uploadfromtaptalk1430667534886.png

Sent from Coop's S5 on Tapacrapatalk

141 - 160 of 167 Posts