Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 08 brute with a hmf pipe problem is this thing gets hot the lick and stick factory tape under the fender is long gone it hasn't melted the fender yet but it does get kinda spongy thought about the header wrap but what about the muffler anybody got this problem solved

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
does your rear header glow?
im guessing it does. You can rev it to 3800 rpms for 45 seconds then look.
it will likely be glowing. i was able to tune my map and richen the rear enough to cool it considerably. i have no more glowin on the rear.

You might need to pickup a power commander if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never noticed it glowing red and i don't have a power commander but my buddy does and he has the same problem

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
he needs it tuned proper and it'll cool off some.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy has the hmf programmer and i don't really care for it which one would you reccomend and where can i find it

·
Registered
278 Posts
PCIII... have them on E-bAy. search "Brute Force Power Commander"

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
That tape under the fender must be some kind of joke, what does it last like 2 rides. You could probably epoxy some heat cloth to the underside of the fender. Even with no mod's that area gets dam hot.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
im goin to wrap my pipe with a header wrap. mainly becuase i have the full system and it doesnt have any kinda heat sheild, it actually turns my leg RED lol.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
www.fuelmotousa.com PC III, they will map it for your current mods $271.95 shipped!
you still need to have your bike tuned tho. yeah u may never have any problems out of it, but im sure it could run alot better if properly tuned. im sure the guys that sell them just put the closest map that dynojet provides on the PCIII. you can ask any tuner and they will tell you no 2 bikes have the same map.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts