Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Tools/Emergency Kits to take

13K views 54 replies 33 participants last post by  wideawakejake 
#1 ·
Hey guys going back down to ohio this weekend to ride. I want to make a tool kit up to put in my bag but my quad is at the farm and my tools are at my house. Do u guys know what size sockets I need and any specail tools I should bring. Ordered a primary puller and going to get a spare belt. Hopefully this trip down will be better than the last. If u guys remember my buddy got hurt really bad on his dirt bike

#2 ·
Hey guys going back down to ohio this weekend to ride. I want to make a tool kit up to put in my bag but my quad is at the farm and my tools are at my house. Do u guys know what size sockets I need and any specail tools I should bring. Ordered a primary puller and going to get a spare belt. Hopefully this trip down will be better than the last. If u guys remember my buddy got hurt really bad on his dirt bike

#3 ·
8, 10, 12, 14, 17mm wrenches, sockets.. short extension, long extension
3/8 and 1/2" ratchets
hammer
vice grips
pliers, regular and channel lock
needle nose
tie straps
flathead and phillips
flashlight

#4 ·
Thanks man I will take some pics of my snorks I still have not redone the shroud yet. I hacked the old one up pretty bad. Iam going to wait to take my time. Iam talking my GF this weekend I put a ride and rest on and moved it back for more room. Iam going to make something to put my bag on the back rack and still keep the ride and rest. She is excited to wear her new pink helmet and mimb pink shirt!!!!

#5 ·
Thanks man I will take some pics of my snorks I still have not redone the shroud yet. I hacked the old one up pretty bad. Iam going to wait to take my time. Iam talking my GF this weekend I put a ride and rest on and moved it back for more room. Iam going to make something to put my bag on the back rack and still keep the ride and rest. She is excited to wear her new pink helmet and mimb pink shirt!!!!

#9 ·
emergency kit items

ok people lets see what all us riders carry for field repairs. im curious about the difference in items between brands also.

#10 ·
For the bike...Small Craftsman ratchet set, 50 pc, i think it is. Tire plugs. For me...glucose tablets, glucagon emergency injection, plenty of water,snacks...lol

#11 ·
BEER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
Cooler full of cold drinks, walker, meangreen360, and N20torious.....can get just about anything fixed with this setup LMAO!!!
Always carry a spare belt, spare cv boot & grease, oil & filters, and plenty of tools....but this is all in the truck. Just carry dielectric grease, electric tape, fuses, zipties, phillips & straight screwdriver & a pair of pliers on the brute.

#14 ·
Tow rope,Tyre plugs,CO2 Cartridges,small set tyre irons,valve core remover,zip ties,tie wire, fuses,100mph tape, selection nuts and bolts,First Aid Kit,waterproof matches,very small plastic container of Diesel(start fire),small tool kit, food bars and water,flares and E perb(location beacon)
When a number of use go we try not to doubleup on what we carry

#15 ·
Don't carry much on the bike but haver all my tools oil and filters at the truck.

#16 ·
tow strap. 8mm,10mm,spark plug socket#3 allen for bowls. Captain Private and Coke for coozie.(plastic shot glasses) really....not a beer drinker. this way I can carry less and still get the same effect. within moderation. My beer drinking buddy seems to have a bladder problem. either that or he is marking his territory in Budweiser....

#19 ·
forgot smoke's too.. goes with beer like peanut butter and jelly

#20 ·
LIKE CHINESE FOOD AND CHOCOLATE PUDDING!!;)

LIKE COCAINE AND WAFFLES!!:thinking:

-CAL NAUGHTON JR. (TALLEDEGA NIGHTS)

#23 ·
I ride a Honda, no repair kit needed.:rockn:

Lol, I normally just carry some zip ties, at least enough oil to do one change and at least 1 oil filter, drain pan, 17mm socket for drain plug, 8mm socket for oil filter cover, a few pair of pliers and cutters, couple screwdrivers, and enough tubes of Dielectric and RTV to seal up about 20 different bikes lol. Oh yea and definitely a cooler loaded to the top with Miller Lite.:bigok:

#24 ·
well i do give it to yall hondas on not breaking but im gona blame it on yall for my belt going out. last nite jus as always i was the hole tester cuz i was riding with 7 hondas. but to top it off i pulled them out 11 times last nite to yeah i think they should b buying me the belt i shredded :bigok:

#25 · (Edited)
lol 2,5gal on a 800 vtwin doesnt add up to much ride time

#28 ·
Well I ride a renegade with a 2-1/2 gallon fuel tank and only enough room on the bike to bungie cord a 2 gallon gas can on the back so thats pretty much it! When its time to use the gas can its time to head to the truck!
Ahhhhh..
Reminds me of the old Banshee days.....gas can on the grab bar, mixing oil strapped to the front bumper. ;)
For me, cooler of beer and fully charged ipod.....mosquito spray in the dry box.

#29 ·
**** lol that was all my stuff. In that " emergency" box I even put a set of plugs in there.
LMAO!^ Yep I forgot about plugs....9 times out of 10 you can find a set of those up at the truck too. I found out after our Labor Day ride at River Run that I need to carry a few things on the bike. Got an idea in mind for some dry boxes that I want to build, Just gotta get the friggin bike fixed to where I can devote my time to something else besides fixing it :34:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.