Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i was changin my tires out i noticed that there was a plug that wasnt connected to anything and i had to leave the house and wont be back until 11 tonight and gotta be ready to race at 12 tomorow.

If someone could go and see if they have this mysterious plug and tell me where it goes it would be greatly appreciated. The plug it on right hand side(gear shift side) right behing the tire and it comes out of the main harness and is about 3 inches long and has a fairly small black connector on it.

Thanks for any help its a 2006 brute 650i

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Which tire? front or back?

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I have got 2, 1 at the front by the radiator, and 1 at the rear. There is a hot and ground while the ignition switch is on, but cold with the ignition off....They both have the push in style connectors on them. I have wondered for a while what these wire were intended for?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I think mine has one but i don't see it right now.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Can you take a picture?

Then I can check mine and see if it's the same.

or can you see it here?

The only pug I see there that fits your description is the headlight connector.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will get a pic in the morning. The plug is a small female plug that is the same one that is on the belt cover for the limp mode switch.

went to the mud bog and they had a huge bad hole about 45 ft into the pit that was probable 10 ft long with 3 ft of water and straight up sides my first run i got pulled off in there by the ruts then my 4 wheel drive kicked off and wouldnt go back in so i didnt get to make anymore runs and my 2wd/4wd lights are flashing so have to figure that out tomorrow to. I did **** off some spart 4 wheelers since i only had 2wd drive

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
I don't see anything like that, but I'll check again.

Where is it next too or is there a landmark you can add to show exactly where it is?

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

here is a pic i got of it. Sorry for the hard to see camera phone pic but it should give you an idea. It is 8 inches from the upper shock mount back toward the rear of the bike

·
Registered
101 Posts
i dont know for sure but i had a problem like this and it was the 12 volt plug in under my pod

·
Registered
101 Posts
oh. ok well let us know if you figure it out

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
I'll check tonight.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts

here is a pic i got of it. Sorry for the hard to see camera phone pic but it should give you an idea. It is 8 inches from the upper shock mount back toward the rear of the bike
I don't see anything like that.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
im scanning wiring diagrams. been studying them a few days. im close to finding something i think.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i have been looking to but cant find anything that it may plug into

maybe the plug in for horn? maybe?

from the pic you can see one of the wires is black/yellow and i dont know what the other one is.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats what it looks like to me I dont have the bike with me but i could tell you for sure tomorrow when i get my dad to go check it out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts