Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
384 Posts
Well... since it's a FI model you don't have to worry about the carb. vents. You may want to reroute the crankcase vent tube. The diff vent tubes are already routed to the pod.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The main vent you need to reroute is the gas tank vent. I also rerouted my crank case vent to keep it from spitting oil in the air box from doing long wheelies.You can add a catch can to the crank case vent to cure the oil in air box problem as well but it's more work to do. Some have also rerouted the radiator over flow hose but i have not do that yet. No problems so far.

Here is a write up I done a while back showing how to reroute the gas tank and crank case vents. http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
08 is only (required)
radiator overflow
gas tank vent

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
What vent lines should I move on my 650?

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
650 should be like the 750 carb 05-07 brutes

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
650 should be like the 750 carb 05-07 brutes

For the 650 check and move it not vented to the pod already..
  • Carb vents
  • Fan motor vent (usually a clear tube)
  • differential vents
  • radiator overflow bottle
  • gas tank vent
Also seal that airbox good. I use slicone. Some use grease on the stock seal. Both work well.
Also seal up any duckbill type drains on the airbox. Most of the time they wont leak in creek water but in mud bogs the grits works in and holds it open just enough to let the muck in. So seal them up!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
:rockn:

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
no it has to let air in as well... Most people just get one of those baby K&N lookin filters for the end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts