Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share these pictures I took the other day.
Many times people ask about what you need to vent and what you do not.
In this picture (2008 Brute 750), you can see that there are 4 tubes ran to the pod. Nice of kawasaki to make a row of metal tubes for them to connect to.

Here you can see the 4 tubes. This is located under the display pod right where the handles bars mount.

here's what they are.
(In pic above from LEFT to RIGHT) Radiator Fan Vent, Gas tank vent, front diff, rear diff

here's a view from the front of the bike

Hope this help some folks learn a little more about their Brute.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I dont think they did that on the 07 an earlier ones... I think they are just tucked up under there on ours... not sure though as I've never taken the top of the POD off.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i thought the gas tank vent was still into the frame just above the tank. guess i was wrong lol

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does go into the frame at the rear of the bike. The one i labeled gas tank vent runs into the frame also at the front of the bike. I can only assume that is what it is for.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The gas tank vent goes in the rear of the frame by the tank, then comes back out of the frame up front close to the shifter, on 08's

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah so there ya go :)
i was right. my gas tankk vent is run to the pod :D woohoo

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
From the factory my Prairie vents were hooked up just like that in the pod. I did away with all that and tied them in to my belt exhaust snorkel.

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
The 07 brutes are the same way!

Im in the process of doing the catch can mod with the YFZ catch can, and re-doing the air intake snorkel, ill try to get some pics

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To summarize it is this..
People take a resevoir from a YFZ450, bascially a platic container with a vent, and IN and an OUT.
The crankcase vent runs to the IN on the catchcan and the out runs back to the motor. People are tapping into the valve covers for the return line. This is where the oil, puked into the catchcan from the crankcase during wheelies, runs back into the engine.
here's a pic of the catch can from the yfz450

here's a homemade version by Fabman (with pics!)
http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73

1 - 11 of 11 Posts