Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Video: Brute Force 750 - Changing the Front Oil Seal

39K views 56 replies 25 participants last post by  mrtosh 
#1 ·

Some notes.. i found it essential to remove the left floorboard. This gave me the room I needed to get a good angle to pry the seal out.
Other than that, pretty straight forward.

This is the same process on all the prairies and brute models. (360, 650, 750)

For Reference, these are the most updated part numbers:
Front Seal = 92049-1570
Rear Seal = 92049-0095

#2 ·
I still don't understand!! Please drive to my house and change mine for me....dont forget to stop by the local kawie shop and pick up a seal to if you don't mind.Thanks

LOL just messin.Good job phreebsd. I bet this thread will get a ton of hits. Been a bunch asking for this one.

#3 ·
haha. Well very important! Remove the left floorboard!
would have saved me 45 mins and 11 bucks on a seal puller hook that i broke.

remove that floorboard then you have the perfect angle to pop that sucker out in literally 30 seconds.

#5 ·
i changed my mind on doing the rear right now. it's just not leaking enough to change. I had some dirty oiling residue around it but i cleaned all that off with degreaser and its still clean.

#7 ·
I had to speak in a way the canadians would understand :)

#8 ·
It looked like you were getting a little to happy oiling that new seal....lol....JK man, nice video, and very helpful for when it comes time to change mine, right now my seals arn't leaking right now, but the seal in my front diff is leaking a little.

#9 ·
haha u didnt see what i did to it off camera :D

#10 ·
Hmmm?, I don't want to know.....that would be a case of TMFI!!!!!!!

#11 ·
I just changed my rear seal today. Was fairly easy to do. Hardest thing was getting that old seal out!!:aargh4:

I took the left floor board off to get to it better like phreebsd did. Made a big deference for sure.

So good so far no more leaking but i did mange to get the seal a little crooked. Not sure if that gone matter in the long run or not. I'll be keeping any eye on it. I also plan to keep that area super clean from now on. Every time i wash the Brute I'll be sure i get the seal extra clean. See if that helps.

#12 ·
When I did mine I just laid under the bike, pulled the skid that was in the way and popped it out with a screw driver. Might try from the side next time...

#14 ·
Man like always very usefull videos, thanks for taking the time to share

#16 ·
gonna be doing the rear seal video tomorrow.

#20 ·
I used a paint can tool to pull my seal out took a whole 2 seconds just pulled it straight out .

#22 ·
"I want my MTV." 80's music rocks. was that the new and improved Kawi seals we had heard of ?

#24 ·
No problem , this site has helped me a bunch

#28 ·
it compresses together. use some muscle or find a pry point to force it to compress together. its likely filled with sand/dirt/grit/mud and even some rust. try tapping it a few times before trying to compress it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.