Mud in My Blood Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
^ Thats a really good tip! Thanks for sharing!

"I want my MTV." 80's music rocks. was that the new and improved Kawi seals we had heard of ?

Changed mine Thursday super easy thanks to the video, thanks mimb for the help

No problem , this site has helped me a bunch

Discussion starter · #28 ·
it compresses together. use some muscle or find a pry point to force it to compress together. its likely filled with sand/dirt/grit/mud and even some rust. try tapping it a few times before trying to compress it.

Front seal now leaking

Phree,
Took my bike in and had them do the front and rear oil seals under warranty. Now my front diff seal is leaking. Is this common for it to leak after they re install the propeller shaft?

gonna end up by doing this seal myself cause I snorkeled the bike right after I got it back from warranty work and voided the warranty. Just wondering if my front engine seal will start to leak if I pull the shaft again to do the front diff seal.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
it shouldnt be leaking if they cleaned the shaft and set the seal in flush.
perhaps your shaft is pitted where it meets the sealing surface.

I'll check it when I do the diff seal. Anything special I need to pay attention to on the front diff seal?

i just did this for the first time today,and all i can say is that booger is a beast to get out....that was the only problem for me..after lookin at this video

little tip on taking the oil seal out. take a tire plug tool, cut the barb that would normaly hold a plug. and cut it off. to were you wve a little hook on the end. use a bench grinder. flatten it like a flat head screwdriver, and sharpen it, to were it will cut through the seal. now it will take about 2 sec to pull it out, without removing your floor boards

Question?

This may be a stupid question. The part numbers that you gave for the seals. Is this for the number for the seal you changed in the video and the rear seal of the front differential? So both seals for the drive shaft?

I'm going to be changing the front pinion type seal this weekend. After you pull the driveshaft out do you need to undo a pinion bolt to remove the coupler? Or can you remove and install the seals around it? Also what is the torque for that nut if it does indeed need to be removed? On a 2005 650 SRA.

Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

I'm going to be changing the front pinion type seal this weekend. After you pull the driveshaft out do you need to undo a pinion bolt to remove the coupler? Or can you remove and install the seals around it? Also what is the torque for that nut if it does indeed need to be removed? On a 2005 650 SRA.

Thanks in advance!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.