Mud in My Blood Forum banner

Video: Brute Force 750 - Changing the Rear Oil Seal

44K views 72 replies 27 participants last post by  NMKawierider 
#1 ·

Part# 92049-0095

Notes:
When putting the driveshaft back in you may have a little trouble lining up the splines if you have the rear brake locked. Unlocking it with allow you to wiggle the shaft the slight amount you need to get the splines to line up.

#2 ·
Sorry about any parts that may have been left out.
It began to rain like heck, I had dirt in my eye and i swallowed some dip spit. Other than that, It was fun and quick to do.
Sorry about the parts that were dark. Once it started raining to hard, the shop door had to be lowered cause it was wetting the camera.

This was the second time i did it. I did it a week earlier but i went ahead and did it again to make the video.

#4 ·
i guess if you want to go that route. it's a perfectly viable option.
remove the plate and tap it out from the rear. Be sure you get teh o-ring back in right.

#5 ·
Forgot to add these pics.

This is how i get the bike up to do the seal

here's how i pry out the seal

#6 ·
nice vid thanks phreebsd I got to do mine today:mimbrules:

#7 ·
good luck :)

#9 ·
by the way phreebsd the snap-on man said that if I hit my screwdriver with a hamer like that it would void my warranty :joke:lol

#10 ·
The first time mine was changed was by the dealer under warranty and that plate that the seal goes in was damaged,you can see where they used a screw driver to pry it out. I didn't really notice it until it started leaking again about a week later and i changed it myself. I took it back to the shop to show them what kind of work thier guys were doing and he told me none of his people would have done that. So much for shop work i should go ahead and cancel what's left on my warranty.

#12 ·
:). Thats why we make these vids!
Most of this stuff is easier than you think.
Helps people have the courage do the work themselves and save a lot of money.

#14 ·
750i - 92049-0095
650i - 92049-1529

#16 ·
If the seal is not leaking, would it be safe to say the diff fluid is probably okay? If so, what are everyone's thoughts of following the manufacturer's recommend change frequency?

#17 ·
when talking about diff's that front is gonna milk if you submerge it.
If you submrge it on every ride, i'd change the oil in it every other ride. the front only hold .47 quarts. dont run anything expensive in there either. no need :)

the rear never gets milked on mine. not sure why.

#20 ·
Hmmm, Im running oil in both front and rear? Never heard of using only hydraulic fluid.

#21 ·
Should be runnin' Motor Oil in Front and Hydaraulic in Rear...That's what it says in Service Manual anyway

#27 ·
Sounds like a plan. Ive got alot of work that needs to be done on mine anyway.

#28 ·
ive got a 5 gallon bucket and it'll last longer than my bike will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.