Mud in My Blood Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Yes, that is the part number for the rear seal for the engine. The one where the drive shaft comes out going to the rear end. I just bought 3 yesterday.

----that is all---
Thanks i picked one up at the dealer on friday and installed it friday night. wasn't a bad job but it went in about 1MM its not sitting flush so i figured i am going to replace it again when it starts to leak as its not leaking at the moment and i rode over 10 miles this weekend.

Would amsoil synthetic gear lube be ok to use in the rear diff? Sae 80w-90
I have a friend thats running in his honda and hes a smallengine mechanic, but when i took oil to a dealer he says i would lose my brakes if i use it . He said kawi products only

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

I have a friend thats running in his honda and hes a smallengine mechanic, but when i took oil to a dealer he says i would lose my brakes if i use it . He said kawi products only

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

He's right. Only Tractor hydraulic oil or any that's for wet brakes. Nothing else.

Trying to change my rear seal, but cant get the drive shaft out. I tried everything. its like its froze in there
Some people heat them a little, others spray wd40 and beat on them. I had to unbolt the rear diff to get mine out. There should be some info in previous post to this thread.

Trying to change my rear seal, but cant get the drive shaft out. I tried everything. its like its froze in there

It's probably full of mud/sand. Its spring loaded and It's suppose to collapse. I've had to use a pry bar and rubber hammer on mine before. It can be aggravating, that's for sure.

Im doing mine on my 2012 brute tonight an got the drive shaft out the way an now i cant pry the actual seal out it is just bending and not coming out are there any tricks to get this out????
The 12s+ have a different seal system then all the previous years. I believe it comes out...or off differently but looking at the shop manual it doesn't look so different. For a 12's to be leaking is very unusual.

I don't know about the 12+ but on mine, I just drove one side in a little until the other side popped out and I put a screw driver behind it. Then it came out easily.

I don't know about the 12+ but on mine, I just drove one side in a little until the other side popped out and I put a screw driver behind it. Then it came out easily.
Yeah my first and only one I screwed a self-tapping sheet metal screw in just in from the edge and popped it right out.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.