Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think wide spools also have different size synthetic rope... I am pretty sure its what I am buying next winches arr worth their weight in gold tired of not having one myselfMy buddies Warn drug me out of creek partially before killing his battery and completely quit working..But his jeep drug me the rest of way out and home lol.....Vipers are the best according to most and i can see customer service is amazing..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had 2a vipers. 1 3000# and a 4000# and they are both junk. My old 2500# warn has beenbeat to death since I bought it 05a and still pulls its guts out when ever I need it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
This is a little off topic but we should throw the xtreme winches in this mix im getting one and a few of my buddies have one got pulled out by a 3k on my bros can am saturday i was buried and he pulled me right out and with no help from the cat i was 0x4 at the time... it has a slow spool speed but will pull like hell

—————SIGNATURE—————
HIS

2010 MUD PRO
SOON TO BE 3.6
HMF & PC3
30" MUNKIES
CLUTCHWORK
RACKED

HERS/KIDS

2006 400M
SOON TO BE 4.0
EXAUST MOD
RACKED
JETTED
29.5 LAWS

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Really the only difference between the Max and the Elite is the wireless remote... If you think you need the wireless remote get the Elite, if not, the Max is the way to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just received my Viper MAx 3000 yestersday ( a day EARLIER then I was suppossed to!) and it looks like a quality unit. The freespool knob feels like it has definite "stops", the power and ground wire are HEAVY which implies they are quality, the snatch block is heavy as well. There's even grease on the four corners where it will be bolted to the mount plate. Overall, it appears like I made a good decision. We'll see how it is on the install and in use before I pass a final judgement though..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guys,
REALLY rewarding thread to read. Our products aren't perfect but we work extremely hard to put the best possible product out there. Our VIPER winches are all TS-16949 certified and made with military grade materials. When so many seem to be cheapening their stuff, we've (right or wrong) taken the philosophy to ramp up quality everywhere we can.

Remember you guys get 5% off any purchase for being members of the forum. It's FORUM5 in the discount code box on the final page of checkout.

And you are right.....the widespool winches have 65' of cable -- the longest in the industry.

Have a great night.

Peter Kapsner, Ph.D.
President
Motoalliance
Moto Alliance
1-866-527-7637

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I put mine through a good test this week, very pleased.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about the Superwinch Terra Series? They seem to have many of the features of Viper/Warn XT winches, with a remarkable price point.

Does anyone have experience with these?

·
Administrator
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Junk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
warn is better than the cheap winches but its junk compared to vipers. Ive had a viper 4000 elite for about a year now and ive abused it been underwater i even had a tree branch go through the freespool knob and it wont quit working. i ordered a new knob as i wasnt gonna claim it on warranty when it was my fault for trailblazing but im a believer in vipers. I had to rebuild my dads warn winch one of my old warns and i got a cat 400 with a warn 2500 on it that was messed up. i rebuilt it and now im selling it to buy another viper for the rear of my cat.
Heck this 2500 the contactor is not working so i have to buy a $25 contactor the winch motor was all rusty and the gears had virtually no grease in there like there supposed to just a little grease and mostly gummy nasty black stuff so i cleaned that and filled it up with grease fixed the motor and siliconed the junky winch best i could to try and make it last a bit longer for the next person before they have to rebuild it. screw warn ive never had a problem with a viper. But i had a promark and i couldnt even rebuild it after it went out so warn is still better than those cheap crap winches.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Really the only difference between the Max and the Elite is the wireless remote... If you think you need the wireless remote get the Elite, if not, the Max is the way to go.
FYI, the other main difference is all viper max winches come standard with steel cable whilst the elites come standard with synthetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive had a few problems with my viper not being completley water tight but motoalliance is always quickest to help fix any problem

·
Registered
71 Posts
3000 Viper Max, and no complaints at all. It's been on the Brute for nearly 7100kms, and no issues with it at all.
I see someone said their rocker switch failed and they got a couple replacements. Mine failed also, but it was going to be $22 for a replacement, and that much again to ship it.... That's my only beef.
And the switch failed internally.....to spool IN you had to start pushing really hard for it to make contact.

Aside from the switch, I'm very happy with the product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
3 viper elites, so far just 1 switch crapped out and the free spool knob on my bike does not work well. Will buy again when I get a SXS

21 - 39 of 39 Posts