Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a pin and square block that goes on the end of the actuator shaft that makes contact with the collar in the front differential on a brute force. Think the prairie has it aswell but can't confirm. If anyone has these 2 small parts on an old or broken actuator I would like to get them to help get my buddies 4x4 working again. Friends helping friends. Will pay for shipping and parts. Thanks.pic of part needed added.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can take your actuator and make it manual if you have exhausted all other efforts to get it to work. All parts are expensive and the after market replacement as well will set u back $300.00. I took mine apart, drilled a hole in it where the part is that turns the cam to engage. Take the electric part out and the cover is center marked already. I put an 1/4" threaded bolt about 4" long with the tip ground down to fit the cam gear in it.placed a rubber gasket and nut ,washer on inside of cover adjusted to fit snug when cover is pressed back together. Leaving the threaded bolt sticking out of your actuator. From there u just add another nut rectangle washer with hole on each end and another not to lock down.mount an L shaped bracket to top front mounting bolt. Drill hole for a cable to insert.hook cable to 1 hole in rectangle hole and spring in other to help pull back .use thumb gear changer for bicycle. Mount to handle bar and now u have manual actuator, with the push of your thumb. Cost of a bicycle cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can take your actuator and make it manual if you have exhausted all other efforts to get it to work. All parts are expensive and the after market replacement as well will set u back $300.00. I took mine apart, drilled a hole in it where the part is that turns the cam to engage. Take the electric part out and the cover is center marked already. I put an 1/4" threaded bolt about 4" long with the tip ground down to fit the cam gear in it.placed a rubber gasket and nut ,washer on inside of cover adjusted to fit snug when cover is pressed back together. Leaving the threaded bolt sticking out of your actuator. From there u just add another nut rectangle washer with hole on each end and another not to lock down.mount an L shaped bracket to top front mounting bolt. Drill hole for a cable to insert.hook cable to 1 hole in rectangle hole and spring in other to help pull back .use thumb gear changer for bicycle. Mount to handle bar and now u have manual actuator, with the push of your thumb. Cost of a bicycle cable.
Great reply. I'm sure others will use this idea. We ended up just buying a complete actuator and replacing it. Yes costly but saved some time and mods and kept it original and stock. Everything works great now. Still looking for a pinion gear or old complete diff that is done to try to rebuild the old diff as a backup as we replaced the entire diff aswell. Thanks for the reply will keep this in mind if the actuator ever goes again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts