Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
his bike ran perfect yesterday and nothing was wrong with it. we loaded it up and brought it home on the trailer. we unloaded it and cranked it up and it smokes lilke a freight train and just gets worst as it runs so i pulled the front plug boot off and it didnt smoke at all so im thinking it is in the front cylinder somewhere and the bike has never been sunk just so yall know. it is a 08 brute 750 btw and has ran better then perfect everytime we ride and just all of a sudden took a crap on us im thinking it is the rings but who knows he's pissed and is taking it to the dealer i guess. do yall agree with me on the rings or is it something else you think thanks..... heres a vid but it smoking alot worst then it looks in the vid alot more P3080025.flv video by Rebel4142 - Photobucket

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Does it smell like oil burning?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but you have to stick your head to the smoke to smell it and it is blueish when u give it gas so i know its oil

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
That's odd to happen that quick with no real reason. Guess it could be some faulty rings. Keep us updated. Wish I could help more.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Warranty.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yall think we should put it back to stock or just take it in with the snorks i mean we know for a fact he has no water in the motor it has never been sunk so you think they will warranty it still

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would. I was told by two dealers that snorks don't void the warranty. Water damage does. But with snorks you can bet they will be searching for evidence that it was water that caused the accident. Clean the bike top to bottom, clean the air box, take it back to stock and take her in. Good luck but it should be covered no problem assuming there's no water damage.

Obviously the safer bet is take the snorks off though.

·
Banned
384 Posts
Might be a stupid question but did ya'll look under the air filter to see if oil had gotten pulled up through the vent tube into the intake?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stogi yeah his box was fairly clean, i know its def something bad. we are taking it to the dealer friday and will keep yall updated....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts