Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
15,429 Posts
Any OEM parts place should have them. If they are aftermarket axles, I would get them from whoever the axles came from, to make sure you get the right one.

Reactions: Slydog

·
Registered
85 Posts
Called 2 stealerships no go. But i may have found someplace? We will see if it pans out.
Those rings are like top secret or something.

·
Registered
12 Posts

[Yesterday] Gave the new tires a test. 2020 kodiak 450 on 28" mega mayhems. Stock clutches for now, it wasn't bad.

Maines been in a drought most of the year so mud was a little hard to find.. and when we found some the holes were clearly carved out by 33"+ tires so I had no chance lol. Oh well, getting stuck beats working any day!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
View attachment 23357

[Yesterday] Gave the new tires a test. 2020 kodiak 450 on 28" mega mayhems. Stock clutches for now, it wasn't bad.

Maines been in a drought most of the year so mud was a little hard to find.. and when we found some the holes were clearly carved out by 33"+ tires so I had no chance lol. Oh well, getting stuck beats working any day!
Amen!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Got my new primary clutch over the weekend. Put a new red epi spring and rebushed my weights. I installed a new red secondary spring also that they recommended. Glad i did. There was about a 1 inch difference between old and new spring

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Front end is getting close for removal.
Eps and steering stem pretty much left to do. And diff mounting bolts
20200921_185443.jpg
just need a few more hours in the day🤫

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gave the kodiak a bath yesterday, and bought some bigger washers to go underneath the wing nuts that hold the 2-up seat on. The ones they provide left a little to be desired, too small. Also bought rubber caps to cover the ends of the u-bolts for the seat so stuff doesn't get so beat up bouncing around back there.

Planning on washing and re-oiling the air filter today, in prep for our trip to St. Agatha this weekend.

Only put on 60ish miles since the last wash&re-oil.. but its miserably dusty in maine right now because of our drought. I'm sure it needs it. The first time I did it at 150 miles my blue filter was black lol.

Reactions: Slydog

·
Registered
85 Posts
Got my front diff out. Took about 5 minutes to find the sweet spot where it would slide right out. Overall not that hard to do imo.got the other one in and just about buttoned up. Will break this one down and see what took a 💩
20200927_154201.jpg

All new seals were installed.
Just have to reinstall my clutches and go tear some shat up. Hopefully just mud🤞

21 - 28 of 28 Posts