Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have noticed people are still asking about what jets to use. I know we have a jetting thread but would it make sense to make another one and only have what your wheeler is what your running for jetting and mods you have. So people can look through see if other people have the same mods as them then they can have an idea where to start jetting. I looked and not sure we have a thread like this. Though it might help. Maybe like this?

2005 750
hmf slip on
2" snorks
158/160 main (Keihin Jets)
40 pilots
shims
2 1/4 air screw

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
^You'd also need to list the type of jets you have....being as the jets are different between different brand jet kits. (DynoJet - Klien) (I can't remember if I spelled that right haha)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats true missed that one. I edited my post

·
Administrator
15,550 Posts
It wont matter people wont read they'll still start new threads. :rolleyes:

Good idea though. We'll sticky it in the jetting section and hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Anyone running 2" MIMB snorks dynatek cdi K&N with a Big Gun full system? I need some serious help on jets. I'm running 144f 150r A/F is 2.5 needle is in the middle notch and it's bad off those are dynojet numbers. I'm thinking 138f 142r does this sound right I'm in Tennessee so maybe 300ft above sea level.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Elevation where you ride would be a good thing to add to, makes a difference. My jets are on the way will post what works when I get it figured out, if I ever do lol.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
07 Brute 750
Dynatek
K&N Filter
Stage 2 Hott Cams
Full Big Gun
300 ft above sea level
138f 142r A/F 2.75 Needle on the 4th notch
12.5 on mid 12.8 WOT
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Finally got around to mine, lucked out got it first try up to about half throttle is great, havent tested above that yet, little icey out but I will update if anything changes.

09 brute 650
Uni air filter
dynatek cdi
muzzy dual exhaust
3" air intake snork
160 main Front and Rear (Keihin)
40 Pilot (Keihin)
1 #4 washer shim on needles
2.5 turns on screws
3000ft above sea level

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
05 750 jetting

05 Brute 750
Stock Engine, Stock Exhaust, Uni Air Filter,stock cdi,
14" x 8" ITP Wheels, 26" Kenda Bounty Hunter Tires
3" PVC Intake - 2" pvc CVT - center snorkles,Jetted Carbs Keihin- #40 pilots, Air/Fuel screws @ 2 3/4 turns out,#158/#160 Keihin mains w/1 #3 washers under stock needles NFKK/NFKL,
Mr. Gasket 42s Fuel Pump Mod...... My bike is running a little rich still I believe due to every time I pull the plugs,they are black - wet - sooty looking,so I may go down in main jets or just wait till I get a Dynatec cdi. With the center snorkle open,she'll hesitate bad on accelleration,so I added a 45 on top with a grate in it to knock down a little air intake - she' runs great like this and pulls wheels off ground only in low gear/high gear the wheels come off ground by about a foot on a whole shot......

Update: I recently adjusted the carb floats to OEM specs 3mm,and set the carb sync by eye looking at the orfices inside each carb throat at the throttle plate.She runs even better now.She runs a little rich in the winter,but when it warms up weather wise,she runs even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
2008 650i
MIMB 2" snorks
165's front and rear
1 #4 washer under the needles
HMF swamp series
K&N filter
Red primary green secondary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maine-iac

I have 06 brute 750, 3" snorks, 152 front 158 rear, 40 pilots with 2 1/4 air screw and for some reason my rear pipe gets cherry red after a few minutes of riding? iv adjusted the air screw, tried different size main jets and restricted some air from the 3" snorkel. even changed the boots from carbs to head. is there any mid range throttle adjusting i can do? any advice on what to try next? im stumped.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mid range throttle is controlled by the needle. Sounds like you need to shim the needles up with a #4 brass washer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whats up crafty. Glad to see your on here. We shimed his wheeler and still no luck

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
dookie,try # 40 pilot jets,155/158 or 158/160 main jets,Stock needles NFKK front/NFKL rear or both NFKL needles,with 1 or 2 #4 washers under each needle,set Air/fuel screws at 2 3/4 turns out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dookie, nice name! yeah i put in 158/165 with 40 pilots, 2 washers and still same issue? im dropin down to a 2 inch snork but shouldnt the front cylander be doing the same thing if its the same amount of air to each?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hey Crafty, some people posted on this site that it is normal to have some glow red the first couple of inches of the headers of the head. the rear main jet is said to be a larger size jet than the front due Kawai wants the rear carb to run richer to aid in keeping the rear headers cooler.????? It sounds to me like the rear carb on your bike could be running lean ????With a 165 main jet,I would of thought that your bike would be bogging at WOT and maybe bakfiring too. IDK - Unless you got some engine mods??? Right now I have #40 pilots - A/F screws at 2 1/2 turns out - 1 #3 washer under each needle NFKK/NFKL - Main Keihin Jets #155/#158. Atthis set up,she runs **** good,but my plugs still look sooty,soooo I'll do more playing with jetting. What does your spark plugs look like during your jetting process' at each carb change you have done ? Also,I cannot leave my 3" intake wide open due to she'll run way lean at 1/8 - 1/2 throttle - thats why I installed that 45 deg. fitting with a grate in it - works great that way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have 2in snorkel, k/n 1 1/2 custom exhaust, hmf, dynatek, 160/165 mains front a/f out 2.5 rear 2.75 with 4 washers under each stock needle.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Crafty does have a 90 on top with a plug on it with a 2" hole cut in it. Im thinkin we need to adjust his valves and he has around 1000 miles and they have never been done?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Adjusting your valves would deffinately help.Does his quad have a hard time starting - clear sign of valves are tight -

·
Registered
752 Posts
03 Prairie 650 same as brute 650 sra (i think)
2" intake snorkel
Nyroc exhaust mod (holes in baffles)
Dynojet needles 4th notch
142f/144r
pilot screws 2.25 turns out
roughly 600 ft

1 - 20 of 64 Posts