·
Registered
45 Posts
So now my setup is:

mains 160f 165r
Pilots 40s
needle stock with one #4 brass washer
air screw factory setting
Stock engine, big gun full, uni, 3" instake snorkel.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sorry for the newbie questions!! Is the higher the number the bigger the jet? should both needles have the same setting? Mine was running great but just lost power and started popping through carbs. Took carbs apart and found 138f/142r. Any suggestions?

this is an 07 750 pretty much stock except slip on hmf freshly rebuilt thanks

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Those are dynojet jets - there is a cross reference chart,on this sites main page - you can see what the dynojet crosses over to Keihin jet sizes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Need help with my 06 brute 750. Completely stock. Having problems from idle to 1/4 throttle with it popping through the carbs and exhaust getting very hot. I started with the a/f screws they are now at 2 1/4 turns but no matter where I put them the popping won't go away and now it boggs real bad on take off. Can't seem to even get it back close to what it was.

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
I bet you have some blockage in the bowls, if its been sitting with the same fuel for a long time I bet it's turned to gel. Your back firing thru the carbs is from being lean. Pull the bowls and pilots, inspect and report back

You may also want to check the fuel supply , make sure the vacuum lines going to the pump aren't dry rotted

And also look at the carb boots for cracks and splits . Take carb or brake cleaner and spray around the base of the carbs , you will know if you find a a leak lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have mine back up and running. With 148f/150r but it's popping through carbs just a little like a miss when 1/4 to half throttle? Wide open is fine I'm totally new to wheeler world so sorry for all the newbie questions!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 brute force 750 3 inch snorkel, dynatek cdi, mudbuster cams, 11.5 wisecos with stock bore, muzzy pro exhaust, stock needles shimmed to .040, 40 pilots 1.5 turns out, 185 keihin both cyl

·
Registered
283 Posts
anyone have a 650 IRS stock exhaust, stock air filter? I just done a mimb snorkle with the 3 inch center and I am having a faint idle (idk if that makes sense) and it hesitates about half throttle. plugs are just a little black.

·
Tech Advisor
875 Posts
If it still has 155 front and rear drop down to 152 front rear.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If it still has 155 front and rear drop down to 152 front rear.

Are you talking to me browland?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 06 brute force 750 just bought it. I t has 100 miles on it. I put on mudslinger slip on muffler, kn air filter with stock air box and dynatek cdi box. waiting for my dyno jet kit to come in.Just trying to get as much info as possible to try and get close on jets and needle postion. my elevation is 1000 feet

·
Registered
99 Posts
2012 BF 650i
-Dynatek CDI
-K&N Air Filter
-3" intake snorkel
-EHS Racing snorkel savers
-Full Big Gun Evo exhaust
-DJ needles on #4 notch
-DJ mains 140 f/r
-40 pilots
-A/F screw 2.5 turns out
-Basically sea level

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also in serious need of assistance. I saw some similar setups to me here, but there was no mention of elevation.

I just bought an '05 750. The previous owner had it jetted for high elevation for his hunting trips. Instead of re-jetting he just ran it choked the little he used it down here. So I have zero baseline for jetting.

It has a fresh motor, 2" snorkel, k&not filter in stock box, stock exhaust and cdi. I live in the interior of British Columbia in Canada and will be riding from 1000' - 3000'.

Any suggestions for mains, pilots, needs, and idle screw settings would be hugely appreciated. The season is upon us and I have to make this thing rock!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
:34:I had to take my 07 750 apart a few times I have dynatek ignition and big gun exhaust dyno jet kit K&n filter 2.5inch snorkels. Im at 140f & 142r -3rd notch 2 washers on slide with af out 2.5.This is the best its run still pop a little when letting off the throttle.Keeps the critters off the road.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Mudit,how did you install your 2 1/2" intake snorkel,and what materials did u use. Got any pics on the 2 1/2" intake ?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I recently encountered a carb issue that was caused by elevation - this was the first time I came across this so I think air density also plays into this. At home I'm around 350 feet above sea level, and I run a 3" intake snorkel which I tape about a 1/4 of it closed,so she'll run good. I went on a ride that was about 780 feet above sea level,and man I found out real quick that the tape needed to come off the intake - and she ran like a raped ape with just an open 3" intake,so now trying the 2 1/2" intake is no longer an option for me. My jetting is in my sig.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a mod on my stock exhaust on a 2006 brute force 650 that u see on YouTube. And I would like to know if I have to redo the jets for it ever thing is stock just bigger tires and a cheap chip that hooks up to the cooling wires. I don't know much about the jets can I get any help thanks

21 - 40 of 64 Posts