Mud in My Blood Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It hooks up to my cooling fan wire I for get the name of it I got it off eBay is for faster throttle response

Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have 11 750 brute just put msd lift rad relocate mimb snorkels and full exhaust now it popping anyone got some advice on y it is doing this

·
Registered
7 Posts
07 brute 750 dynatek, full hmf, in the middle of jetting and snorkeling 3".
before snork 150f 155r needle 4 notch. popping at idle to 1/4 throttle, 40 pilots on the way. have to cover 3/4 of snork to get it to run decent jets and needles are dynojet, elevation 40 feet above sea level gonna try 155f 160r first then 160f 165r see how it goes. hopefully pilots will be here tomorrow

·
Registered
7 Posts
pilots arrived and in. jets 155f 160r give me 3mph faster in same distance as other tests. no more loud backfire bike runs best so far with 155f 160r 2.75 air mix screw. 4 notch needle. seems my needle adjustments effect my 1/4 throttle. on 5th down bike pulls hard wot but doesn't like 1/4.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
07brute750i , are those jets dynojets or Keihin ? Is it 1/4 throttle that u have an issue with now ? I'm going through my carb today as well and trying larger mains at 158 front and 162 rear with to get rid of my air restriction on the 3" intake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
they are dynojets. I think I finally got it, just need 42 pilots, I am running 146f 155r dynojets 40 pilots and 4 notch on the needle bike runs strong. according to hmf they said to run 142f 150r dynojets. I converted those numbers from the chart as they said to run 155f 165r keihin jets those numbers were a little lean as I could run wot with choke on and it ran better. I tried 2.5 on the a/f screw but it was just not right went to 2.75 better but still miss and bad starting went to 3 and it is much better but still a little lean but not really noticeable. my sisters stock 08 still burns me a little just checked belt deflection it has inch and 3/4 slop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
dman my 3" snork is around the frame it has a total of 4 90s in it so this restricts it a little more than the way everyone elses setup. however it still breathes better than stock. I had troubles all through the rpm range but when I was running to large of mains it would seem to help my idle to 1/4 only a little bit and I could gain 5mph in the same distance if snork faced forward but now bike is smooth through out rpm range but idle isn't quite perfect with 40 keihin pilots, so 42s are on the way. I adjusted my a/f in 1/4 turn increments and the more turns out the better it would do idle to 1/8 throttle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 06 brute 650sra. I am running 26 mud zillas , k&n air filter , slip-on hmf I have Almond- secondary Maroon- primer from epi and a copperhead cdi a/f is out 2 1/2 out I'm working on putting in a 2 ins snorkle on it I'm running 145f/148r for jets ans 40 pilot jet they are from hmf jets . no work on the needles they are stock I would like to know if I should change the main jets or should I just try the 145/148 and see how it runs ? I just got it all apart now if anyone thanks I'm going have to go up in jet I will do it know

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys I have a 07 brute 750, 2 inch snorkle, hmf slip on. It spits and sputters mid throttle, if I turn my 45 degree top of my snorkle around and direct some air into it with my hand I have no issues. Plugs are a little rich. What would be a good starting point for jets? I am from wi. Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
2008 teryx 840 p&p stage 3 cams dynatek cdi an coils
Air box delete 3in snorkle wit pancake spectra air filter

I had 38pilot jets
165f 170r
Stock needles no spacers stock springs

And it boggs at wot i need help its killin me i have 42 pilot jets should i try those and maybe bump down acouple sizes in main jets

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
06 brute 750
3" intake snorkel
all stock motor with stock exhaust
Dayna CDI
40 pilots , 158 f & 160 r keihin mains , stock needles shimmed 0.040
2.5 turns out on A/F mixture screws
new carb boots & set valves

I still need to tape off part of my intake to make it run better!!
I guess I'm going to keep stepping up the mains until it runs at WOT without the intake snork restricted.
It idles good and little spudder in MID & boggs at WOT.. ANY THOUGHTS on where I need to be for jets?
Update =shimmed needles .080 took care of the little spudder & wot seems to be pretty good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Figure I will post in here instead of starting a new thread.

07 brute 750.
Mimb 2 inch snorkel
Slip on muffler
150/155
38s f/r
Needles on 3rd notch up from the bottom with .040 shims

Had the carbs rebuilt and jetted by a shop about a year ago and had the valves adjusted. Rode it a few times and it seemed to run great! However, the exhaust note was/isn't anywhere near smooth when cruising (fine at idle and when accelerating). It just has this kinda muffled "put put" sound from the exhaust when staying at the same throttle position and it's very annoying. It's not a "pow" like a backfire just not a smooth note at all (like it's missing bad) but still has great power and runs amazing

Any insight on what to look at to fix it?
Do my jets seem close? The shop did them and after pulling the carbs yesterday for the first time since they did the work, I'm not sure how much I really trust them....

·
SHUT UP & RIDE
261 Posts
Maybe try another #4 washer on the needles?

Wasting time talking could be out roosting some mud

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need help with my jetting. I have a 2007 750 with 650 heads. Jetting so far is 150f 155r dyno jets. 40 pilots and 2 3/4 turn on air fuel. I have popping though the front carb. Please help. Also. Motor has 1 hour on build. Valves are good. Carb boots are good. New plugs also has bug gun full exhaust.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Not enough info on engine mods. Not enough info on what throttle position ur popping carb is taking place. It sounds to me that u may be to large on the main jets.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What other mods are done to the engine ? Is there an added exhaust or a Dynatec cdi ? Now we know it is a Brute 650i quad with a 750i engine - 650i heads - and 650i carbs.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Drop your pilots to 38 and also pull your plugs out and look at them then let us know. That is the best way to know what is going on

·
Registered
5 Posts
It has big gun exhaust. I figured it out. I ordered a 750 jet kit. It says drill the bottom of the slide. Well I did that. But the 650 jet kit doesn't say to do that. So changed the slide out and not it is way better. I'm going to change the jets to 142 front and rear and it should be good. I'm running 150f 155r and it is too rich.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts