Mud in My Blood Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Carb differences between 2005 and 2007

Hi,

I am looking for any details on the differences between the 2005 and 2007 carbs. Is there a different Pilot circuit to prevent back fire on decel on the 07?

·
Super Moderator
7,546 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for any details on the differences between the 2005 and 2007 carbs. Is there a different Pilot circuit to prevent back fire on decel on the 07?
The 2005-2007 750 carbs by Kehin are all identical. Back firing on decel usually happens when a carb is either running too lean, or the leaning is coming from a split in a carb boot...which is very common on all those years. They usually split at or under the head-side clamp where you can't see it. Of course the leaning can also come from a leaky air box cover gasket, too small of a jets, blocked pilot or slow circuit, low float levels, very warn butterfly shafts, burned valve seats, mis-adjusted valves and a few other things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, been using this site for info for ages, finally made an account as I'm looking for some jetting info that just isn't quite covered elsewhere that I could find. Mods/machine as follows:

06 Prairie 700
HMF full exhaust
K&N air filter
Dynatek CDI
Moose Power Module

Had a shop take care of jetting when they rebuilt the top end, currently runs like an absolute champ. Will be doing 2" snorkels, intake crossover, and polished slides all at once and can't seem to nail down what if any jetting changes it will need. Crossover should call for bigger jets and nearly the same back to front but I'm thinking the snorkel may counter-balance the crossover a bit?

Just looking for a little advice on where to even start.

Edit: Motor is stock, all relevant mods as listed

61 - 64 of 64 Posts