21 - 40 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Bighorns or Zilla's

·
Registered
80 Posts
My kedan bear claws seem very good they have and aggresive tread, wear long and trail ride well. What I really like about them is the side lugs. They really help climbing out of deep ruts. The other tire I like is swamp lites.

·
7,400 Posts
There's actually a thread about them. No one has really tested them yet, they are a fairly new tire to my knowledge. And, also very expensive, especially compared to other all-around tires.
ATVtorture has a little test and write-up on the pitbulls. But I don't see a vast improvement over many others and I would think the knobs would wear or cake faster then some others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would LOVE too see Nitto get into the ATV tire production. They make awesome tires for full sized vehicles, drag cars that like to play on the street and mud machines. Mickey Thompson would also make some bad *** tires...

·
Administrator
15,372 Posts
^ Agreed. But I bet they'd be some bad *** prices to go with it!! haha..

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I was thinking there use to be a Micky Thompson ATV tire a long time ago....But maybe i'm thinking of something else.

·
Registered
225 Posts
zillas r by far the best all around tire!! IMO they follow my laws everywhere and wear good and r very lite!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have all wide 30" Zillas on my Outy and love them. They ride and handle very well and pull great. Even with the stock clutching I have no problem pulling wheelies in high. In fact, it comes up easier now than the stockers since it hooks up better.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'd personally say the swamplites are an EXCELLENT all around tire and give great traction in every terrain except sloppy mud. IMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
All I guess I can base my opinion on is seeing how my XTR's perform and wear versus other's that we ride with and the XTR's have "All Around" out performed the rest... Now we mostly trail ride with the occasional playing in the mud, so no one we ride with has Law's or Zilla's. I have over 3400 miles on my XTR's with AT LEAST 75% of the tread left... So I am pretty happy with them...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
id agree the xtr is probably the best all-around tire made.
i like the bugs though as they do well everywhere but perform better in mud than a normal all-around tire would.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been running the STI Mudtrax. So far, I like them. Great on the trail, smooth ride, showing no signs of wear and pull and clean out good in the mud.

·
Rather b Dirty than Purty
388 Posts
Any aggressive tread design is going to give you a bit of shake. Make mine Zillas!

M

·
0 Posts
I run kenda 27" exacutioner's. I like how they perform all around, but love them in the mud. Just wish they'd make them in 28's. But i've had since i got the my Brute and show very little wear. Thats fire roads, trails, mud, and some actual road time on them. I have yet to get a locust tree thorn to be able to puncture them...and we have alot of them around here. But no matter what, if you get any good mud tire...it's going to wabble or shake at high speeds. I've had mine up to 65 mph. It shook, but never felt unstable. I think one of our sponsor's (Mud -Throwers) has a tire called Innova "Mud Gear" and they look to be a good happy medium type of tire or the Kenda Bounty Hunters. Everybody rides different or rides in different places and likes different stuff, so it's going to come down with what you're looking for and what you want to get out of the tire. Hopefully with everyones input you'll be able to get something you like.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i was running mudlites before and really didn't care for them, now i bought swamplites and really like these tires. They hook up really good and crawl over downed trees and don't do to bad in the mud either, and you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
buddy of mine has the vampire tire and it goes through mud good and when we rode the dirt rodes i hit 55 and very lil wobble but they are proned to hard thorns as we've had to buy a bottle of slime or two but im gonna get mudzillas thats only cuz ill do more mud ridin that any thing and i need somthin aggressive for this hard alabama clay

·
Administrator
15,372 Posts
buddy of mine has the vampire tire and it goes through mud good and when we rode the dirt rodes i hit 55 and very lil wobble but they are proned to hard thorns as we've had to buy a bottle of slime or two but im gonna get mudzillas thats only cuz ill do more mud ridin that any thing and i need somthin aggressive for this hard alabama clay
stay away from mudzilla's... they suck. Now, Zilla's are good, but not mudzilla's. There's a difference. For what we have here in bama, I dont think you will be happy with them.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
swmap foxes are a real good all around tire . they do really well on dirt and hard pack. and still perform well in mud also the only negative is when in real thick stuff they clog.

21 - 40 of 190 Posts