Mud in My Blood Forum banner

61 - 80 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
if youre gonna spend much time in that stuff youre gonna want tires that make youre handlebars wobble thats for sure.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i got a set of zillas not too long ago. when i first got them i didnt think i would like them at all because they seemed very soft and i thought i would wear them down very fast when trail riding. i have a couple hundred miles on them and i love them and they show no wear yet.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think you would like the 26" Zilla.

·
Registered
589 Posts
mudthrowers.com
They got all the sizes and prices. :rockn:

·
Registered
589 Posts
:pAAARRTYY:

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Would you guys consider moving from a 29.5 outlaw skinny to a 28" Vampire if you were looking for a decent all purpose tire. The vampires still looks pretty aggressive, and I am not sure if is worth the move.

I am strongly considering dropping my bike and getting rid of the skinny laws, and moving to more of a trail machine. I cannot stop breaking axles, and upgrading to gorillas or HD axles are out of the question for me.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
678 Posts
if you want a all around trail tire be sure to get a radial tire, and dont go bigger than 27" tire if you dont wanna have any issues with strain on your drivetrain, suspension etc....trust me you will have alot less problems with a trail bike, i use too mud but gets very expensive replacing parts, when i got my new brute thats why i decided to go the route and make it a trail bike.....no issues no problems just good old fun trail riding, spend less time turning wrenches and more time riding.........

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
if you want a all around trail tire be sure to get a radial tire, and dont go bigger than 27" tire if you dont wanna have any issues with strain on your drivetrain, suspension etc....trust me you will have alot less problems with a trail bike, i use too mud but gets very expensive replacing parts, when i got my new brute thats why i decided to go the route and make it a trail bike.....no issues no problems just good old fun trail riding, spend less time turning wrenches and more time riding.........

yeah, working on this thing is getting old. I was also looking at some 28" zilla's, just don't know much about a vampire. Probably too agressive for where my machine is heading. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
678 Posts
rds neighbor, no problem, thats just my opininon bro, i run 26" maxxis bighorn, actually measures 27", they run big, but this tire is awesome, nice smooth ride and steering is effortless....only negative not too great in mud just average, bud then again wasnt design to be a mud tire...........

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
wow this thread got brought my attention.....everyone here is to help but i can say they dont make a outlaw radial in a 26in nor do they make it for a 12in wheel yet......for your bike and it sounds like your on a budget get the 26in zillas, reason being they come in 12in wheels size, great tire for all purposes and and fairly on the cheaper side of tires.....but for the most part if they make a 28in they make a 26in for the exception of outlaw radials

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Would you guys consider moving from a 29.5 outlaw skinny to a 28" Vampire if you were looking for a decent all purpose tire. The vampires still looks pretty aggressive, and I am not sure if is worth the move.

I am strongly considering dropping my bike and getting rid of the skinny laws, and moving to more of a trail machine. I cannot stop breaking axles, and upgrading to gorillas or HD axles are out of the question for me.

Thanks for the input.
I actually used to have a set of 28X10X12 Vamps....got rid of them and got a set of 28X9.5X12 Laws. I liked the Laws WAAAYYY better & never broke anything when I was runnin them in that size. The vamps dig really bad, and just didnt work well for the sloppy/deep mud & water that I like to ride in. Just seem'd like I was always stuck.
....I'd be willin to bet that you could trade meangreen360 your 29.5s for his 28 skinny laws...he's got them up for sale or trade at the moment. I think he was wantin a set of zillas, but this might be somethin to run by him if you're interested though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have mudlite xtr's dont shake a bit a any speed up to 65 but the only place they really do poorly is in wet sand (river bottom's etc...). A few guys a ride with have the bighorns they really perform very well in almost all conditions. just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I had 28" mudlite XL's ....10s front and 12s rear...ran those for a while and traded a guy for the 28" Vampires that I mentioned above. I liked the mudlites, you could cut up and act a fool all day long with a lot less worry of tearin somethin up on the bike. They pulled well in the mud and had a good ride and also wore well. But as mentioned above, they suck in the water when theres a sandy bottom. I'd usually just kick it in 4wd before I went through. And they have enough meat on them that they'll sling mud at your friends too. I also like the Mud Bugs....kinda remind me of a mini-outlaw. My buddy had some on his Kitty Cat and it did really well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
We don't have alot of water sandy ares here in Ohio it's mostly mud and clay..and where I ride it use to be an old mining area so it's not big but fun for a short time..so do you think if I'd get 28's they wouldn't tear the bike up or would they..I'd have to be able to change tires if they did cuz the dealer wouldn't cover it

·
Registered
856 Posts
i have zillas 28" i have not torn anything up yet , and yes they sling mud perty good,they like to dig .if your gonna get wheels also it would be easier to change tires out. if not yu could find a spare set of factorys probably on the cheap

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Tires don't tear up a bike heavy thumbs do. :rockn:

It sound like both of you just need zilla's. New get you some 26 or 27 zilla's. RD, get some 28's or 30's.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Tires don't tear up a bike heavy thumbs do. :rockn:

It sound like both of you just need zilla's. New get you some 26 or 27 zilla's. RD, get some 28's or 30's.

Just buy putting bigger tires on a atv causes premature wear and strain on drivetrain and suspension parts, tie rods, bushings, axles etc....wear these components out alot quicker...... and yes throttle control does play a big factor...........

·
Administrator
15,370 Posts
Just buy putting bigger tires on a atv causes premature wear and strain on drivetrain and suspension parts, tie rods, bushings, axles etc....wear these components out alot quicker...... and yes throttle control does play a big factor...........
:nutkick: I was being facetious.

61 - 80 of 190 Posts